Quote by lbc_sublime
The feet board on the ibanez is pretty rough.

Is it a good guitar though. I wasn't asking about the condition
I personally think the Strat is better, but when you asked "what's the difference in quality" you kind of were asking about the condition. It's a decent guitar, but the fret board is in rough shape and in the long run that could cost you some serious money to get fixed.
I don't think it is a good deal. The hardware does not look like its on good shape, and that sucks. Also you don't know the shape of the electronics or the frets so... i would't go for it. If you wan't a guitar like that I'm sure you can sell your Fender put a bit more a get a nice new ibanez
Quote by Dbt25677

the condition is kinda pretty important. I mean, I'd rather have a porsche than a vauxhall, but i might not rather have a broken porsche than a working vauxhall.

if you ask me the rg550 is a better guitar than an MIM standard. But all that's moot if it's in crappy condition.
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Quote by Dbt25677

with the condition of the neck the frets are probably worn too and thus not worth it to me.

IMO the neck will need replacement or some work soon.

I'm sure you just weren't thinking big picture but that neck does not look like a long term investment.
song stuck in my head today