Page 1 of 3
I was having this conversation with a mate the other day and I wondered what you guys think. I currently cook in a Chinese restaurant but it's not where I want to be; I think my dream job *apart from touring, but that's unrealistic* would be as a head chef in some high end restaurant somewhere, so the same sort of thing but different.

Nightmare? Probably a doctor. Great pay and benefits and all that, but I couldn't deal with having to tell people they're gonna die or an operation was botched and having to break the news that this guy's dead to his family. Also it's really gross, having to touch peoples' messed up bods and fingering male arseholes.
Dream: Rockstar would be pretty cool
Current: N/A
Nightmare: any outside labour job
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Dream: not having to work
Current: shitty ass management job
Nightmare: what I'm currently doing
Sail upon the open skies
Dream: It'd be cool if I could be paid to just own and play with a whole mess of different dogs, so I guess dog breeder would be appropriate, cept you have to give them away eventually.

Current: borderline nightmare, they call it office work, I call it staring at a wall 8 hours a day

Nightmare: Doctor, I have a horrible phobia of needles, need I say more?
Dream: something that I could do for free, helping people, but still live comfortably

Current: not a damn thing

Nightmare: anything in an office
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
dream: pimp
current: gonna apply for a job as soon as i'm done getting high
nightmare: kfc
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by HardRock369
Current: borderline nightmare, they call it office work, I call it staring at a wall 8 hours a day

Could be worse. I work in a car factory (General Motors) inspecting car parts. My job is literally looking at thousands of the same car parts every day all day for 8-12 hours for $12/h.

So nightmare is my current, my current is that, my dream is in the Canadian Forces. I'm applying soon. I've been training for a while for it, hope I'm ready.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

Dream: not having to work at all, physiotherapist, professional food critic, something that will make me rich
Current: retail assistant, club promoter, supply teacher (all part-time, obviously)
Nightmare: retail assistant at the place I work at but in a less privileged position,
cat
Dream: Owner of my own business. After I graduate as an electrical electronics engineer, I'm going to join the military, where I can get a lot of experience and serve my country in that way. Then when I'm out I'll have enough years that I can take the NCEES to be licensed as a professional engineer. With my experience and some of the money that I have from the service, I'm going to take out a loan from the bank and start a firm. I hope to be a millionaire by the time I'm 32 but It's all good if otherwise.

Current: Student

Nightmare: Anything that doesn't stimulate me. I would hate to just sit around all day or even to just hang out with friends or go to parties or w.e., I'm too smart for that and I want to help the world and I want to keep my mind and body sharp.
Dream: Therapist, artist
Current: Student
Nightmare: Landscaping, retail, factory worker, tradesman
Quote by macashmack

Nightmare: Anything that doesn't stimulate me. I would hate to just sit around all day or even to just hang out with friends or go to parties or w.e., I'm too smart for that and I want to help the world and I want to keep my mind and body sharp.

or idk, just get smart friends.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Dec 9, 2013,
Dream: Traveling while helping people in poverty/shitty lives/situations and legitimately making a difference for someone who really needs it. Then party all night when possible.
Current: Rehabilitating
Nightmare: Sales person or otherwise contributing to the rich getting richer while exploiting others

Sounds ****ing lame but yeah.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
or idk, just get smart friends.

All my friends are smart. I don't care about a persons intelligence unless they do something with it. You could be the smartest person in the world but if you're just sitting around all day, it doesn't matter.
Quote by macashmack
All my friends are smart. I don't care about a persons intelligence unless they do something with it. You could be the smartest person in the world but if you're just sitting around all day, it doesn't matter.

People who are smart do do something with it.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

This, I agree with.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

ha
Sail upon the open skies
The point of a dream job is that it's atleast a little unrealistic.

Dream: Touring musician
Current: Dolescum
Nightmare: Sweatshop I guess? I'll take anything I don't give a ****, atleast we have minimum wage laws in this country.
Vinland, Vinland Über Alles

"Why do they still call me a warlord? And mad? All I want to do is create the perfect genetic soldier!"
dream: film/tv/videogame composer
nightmare: anything related to legal
current: software engineer
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Dream: classic car dealing and restoring
Current: lawyer internship
Nightmare: being stuck in a cubicle in a huge corporation
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Dream: Writer or coder for game development OR meteorologist
Current: Retail
Nightmare: Retail
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
They do.

Or at least I do
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by macashmack
Why don't people go for their dream jobs? I don't understand it.

I am. **** I've got nothing better to do. Unfortunately like most dreams, mine isn't very profitable or productive.
Vinland, Vinland Über Alles

"Why do they still call me a warlord? And mad? All I want to do is create the perfect genetic soldier!"
Quote by macashmack

In my case, because i don't have the know-how, nor the necessary funds to start the business, and also the market is messed up too bad to make a living out of it.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by macashmack

Because people's ideas of their dream jobs change as they grow up. By the time they come to realize where they belong in life, the opportunity to do their dream job has likely passed.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Quote by macashmack

Because some people aren't very career oriented, and would rather work a job they tolerate and can make a good living from and pursue their passions elsewhere in life.
Quote by Waffleexplosion
Only in a vodka ad could Mexico win a war.
Last edited by thefuzz454 at Dec 9, 2013,
Quote by macashmack

Who's gonna pay me to hang out with dogs at my house all day, nobody. I could dog sit OTHER people's dogs, but I certainly wouldn't make enough money to live off that.

Dog breeders sadly don't make enough to have it be their only job, it has to be more of a hobby. You could just be a puppy mill, but I obviously like dogs so I wouldn't really want to do something that's cruel to them.

Eventually when I become financially stable and I'm older I'll just end up getting like 8 dogs, **** sleep
Quote by thefuzz454
Because some people aren't very career oriented, and would rather work a job they tolerate and make can make a good living from and pursue their passions elsewhere in life.

This is another good point. A lot of people's ideas on an ideal career are far too demanding, and would force them to undermine their other passions.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Dream - successful musician / in a band, or somewhere in Engineering design

Current: Student, studying to get a job in Engineering

Nightmare: Dropping out and working at tesco or somewhere shit
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Dream: Behavioral Biologist
Current: Guitar Tech
Nightmare: Unemployment
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Dream job: Not having to work. Who actually enjoys working I mean come on.

Current: Dolescum

Nightmare: Cleaning other peoples shit
Dream job: um, not having to have a stupid ass job

Current: Student, studying biology

Nightmare: A Chinese sweatshop child
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Dream Job: I don't have any specific job in mind, but it would have to be something that I can walk away from and not think about when I'm at home. I don't want my life to revolve entirely around work, if possible.

Current Job: Temp office job doing officy things. It's easy and unimportant. I quite like it.

Nightmare Job: Any job that requires a lot of time and responsibility. I would hate to work 16-hour shifts, and I would hate to deal with the stress of being on-call 24 hours a day.

None of my goals and ambitions are career-related.
dream: get enough money to live off making art

current: web developer

nightmare: serving people things
now extra flamey
Dream: Really most things that deal with audio recording or post-production, i.e. live sound, foleys, studio technician etc. Not too outlandish, and I'm working towards it

Current: Delivery packaging and organising for a supermarket. Early morning shifts.

Nightmare: Anything on call or similar. **** being told what to do on short notice.
Page 1 of 3