Is anyone using the new ISP Decimator G-string?

I'm currently thinking of getting the g string v2 for £170 or the pro-rack g for £300. I'm half tempted to throw another £130 for the older pro-rack but wonder if the new v2 decimator makes it less worthwhile.

Currently on noise duty I'm using the boss ns 2. It does the job, it's just that I've been such good boy this year I'm wondering if the ISP kit is way better in which case I may include the request in my letter to santa
The only difference between the standard decimator and the g-string is that the g-string can be used in stereo, so unless you're using a stereo rig, I wouldn't bother spending more for the g-string. just food for thought. I have no experience with the rack versions though!
Quote by gurg06
The only difference between the standard decimator and the g-string is that the g-string can be used in stereo, so unless you're using a stereo rig, I wouldn't bother spending more for the g-string. just food for thought. I have no experience with the rack versions though!

Errr... No. The G-String is not for a stereo rig, it's so you can plug it into the front and the effects loop of the amp. It uses the signal coming into the front of the amp to decide when to engage the gate in the loop.

The Pro Rack G is the same thing, except it has a gate in the front, as well.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
My understanding of the g string is that it is the same as the ns2 x pattern only it also tracks the guitar signal. I'm not sure the NS 2 does this?
The Decimator is a gate for people who like to throw money away at nothing.

The NS-2 is more than adequate, and actually lets you control how you want your gate to function.

/IMO
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X