Is the neck pocket on a Fretless Fender Jazz Bass shallower than the neck pocket on the fretted equivalent? Or do they use a different bridge that allows the saddles to go lower?

I'm asking because I acquired a 1977 fretless P-bass neck and put it on a no-name jazz bass body to try it out. The action was high, even with the saddles all the way down. It wasn't so high it was unplayable, but it was just uncomfortable to play. It was too high however, to effectively use a shim in the neck pocket. it would have to be a really thick shim and would be visible between the body and neck joint.

So that is my situation, any recommendations on what body or bridge (or both) that I should use to get the most out of the neck?
Egnater Tweaker 40
Yamaha s412
Vox AC4TV
Fender Blues Jr. VIII

Fender MIM Jazzmaster
Fender MIM Telecaster
Ibanez GAX70
Ibanez VBT700
Epiphone Les Paul jr.
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute

Various Effects
It's not that it's fretless, the more likely problem is that the neck isn't matched to the body. When you use no-name parts, the chance of replacement necks fitting correctly is slim to none.
For example, I'm sure a fretless Fender neck would fit fine on any Fender body. You should try to find out what bass the neck is from/for. In the end you should be able to get the action really low.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Thanks for the info, ill end up getting a fender or squier body to put the neck on.
Egnater Tweaker 40
Yamaha s412
Vox AC4TV
Fender Blues Jr. VIII

Fender MIM Jazzmaster
Fender MIM Telecaster
Ibanez GAX70
Ibanez VBT700
Epiphone Les Paul jr.
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute

Various Effects