http://dailycaller.com/2013/12/07/texas-grade-school-bans-christmas-despite-new-state-law-explicitly-allowing-christmas/

It seems like it would take a special combination of Grinchy, Scroogy awfulness and world-historical stupidity to run afoul of a straightforward new law in Texas called the “Merry Christmas Law” that allows children and teachers in public schools to celebrate Christmas and other winter holidays plainly and explicitly.

Naturally, then, a group of parents and a state legislator have claimed that the organizer of the winter party at Nichols Elementary School in the affluent Dallas suburb of Frisco has outlawed all mentions of Christmas at the event.

But, wait! There’s so much more. The unidentified, fun-hating party organizer has also banned Christmas trees, the colors red and green, the mention of any other winter holidays and anything that will stain the carpet, reports local Fox affiliate KDFW.

An also-unidentified parent forwarded an email from the party organizer to Pat Fallon, a Republican state representative, one of the co-authors of the “Merry Christmas Law.” Fallon wasn’t pleased/

“We’re celebrating Christmas, so why can’t it be a Christmas party or maybe a holiday party?” Fallon asked, according to KDFW. “But they’ve skipped over ‘holiday’ and go to ‘winter.’ That’s political correctness gone too far.”

Fallon investigated. He said both the school district superintendent and someone from the district PTA told him kids could, in fact, tell each other “Merry Christmas.”

Later, however, a PTA member sent Fallon information suggesting that the draconian anti-Christmas rules would be in effect:

“Today at the PTA meeting it was stated that they had decided to keep everything the same. She said they didn’t want to offend any families and since each family donates money they feel this is the best policy.”

It’s not clear at this point if there will be any red or green decorations, or if anyone will be able wear red or green, or if there will any signs of Christmas trees at the Nichols Elementary winter party. The rule against stuff that could stain the carpet will likely stand.

#fedora
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
This does not seem like a texas thing to do.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
This does not seem like a texas thing to do.

Indeed. Are you sure it happened at all?
I love offending people at christmas.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
take that, christian scum
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
take that, christian scum

Roflcopterll !!!! I Hope Every One In This School Gets Them Selfs A Copy Of My Ug Friends` Le New Album Crucifiction For XXXmas So There Minds Get Inlightend !!!

So, here's what happens.

There's a thing called social responsibility. It's the idea that the conditions of society should promote responsibility--i.e., that irresponsible actions by individuals are not a failing of the individual, but rather a failing of society to groom a responsible individual.

Proponents of this idea then naturally come to the conclusion that society must be sanitized in order to promote responsible thought. It does this through a change of language, sometimes called social self-censorship. This new, sanitized, neutral language is considered socially responsible. It puts the onus on society to stop people from verbally offending other people. It attempts to strip socially irresponsible language from the minds of individuals. It's a very non-liberal concept in the classical meaning of liberal.

The ultimate irony is that the main proponents of this social theory are establishment liberals. And it's a tragedy that these bleeding heart nannies are the only legitimate opposition to the bible thumper nutcases.

Say whatever you want. **** the system. Put up a ****ing tree with lights on it. It's not even a religious symbol.

This shit's depressing.
Last edited by Seref at Dec 9, 2013,
Quote by Seref
So, here's what happens.

There's a thing called social responsibility. It's the idea that the conditions of society should promote responsibility--i.e., that irresponsible actions by individuals are not a failing of the individual, but rather a failing of society to groom a responsible individual.

Proponents of this idea then naturally come to the conclusion that society must be sanitized in order to promote responsible thought. It does this through a change of language, sometimes called social self-censorship. This new, sanitized, neutral language is considered socially responsible. It puts the onus on society to stop people from verbally offending other people. It attempts to strip socially irresponsible language from the minds of individuals. It's a very non-liberal concept in the classical meaning of liberal.

The ultimate irony is that the main proponents of this social theory are establishment liberals. And it's a tragedy that these bleeding heart nannies are the only legitimate opposition to the bible thumper nutcases.
Everything will be recognized but nothing celebrated. ;_;
Quote by MinterMan22
Roflcopterll !!!! I Hope Every One In This School Gets Them Selfs A Copy Of My Ug Friends` Le New Album Crucifiction For XXXmas So There Minds Get Inlightend !!!

I Picked It Up Alreddy, Its Like Marylin Monson But Mor Brootil, Fuck Crozzez And Relligen.
I have several combat deployments to the War on Christmas (GWOC), and I can tell you it's an unwinnable war.
Quote by Rossenrot
I have several combat deployments to the War on Christmas (GWOC), and I can tell you it's an unwinnable war.

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
here's how I've learned to deal with this kind of stuff. people are just astonishingly stupid and pedantic. So I just block them out and celebrate the **** out of christmas. If someone gets offended when I wish them a merry christmas, they can go fuck themselves. be miserable alone, the rest of us will enjoy the holidays.

Christmas has so little to do with "Christianity" at this point that arguing banning it for "religious inclusiveness" reasons is just beyond ignorant.
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Dec 9, 2013,