Guy who got 'scammed' on an Xbox One on eBay gets a free console from CeX

I searched for a previous thread about this but found nothing so feel free to link me if I'm wrong

Basically, a 19 year old guy from Nottingham UK bought, what he thought was a Day One Edition Xbox One off eBay and received instead a badly printed photo of it. Now I would have felt bad for the guy had he bought it without knowing the risk. Instead however:

Despite the listing stating it was a photo of an XBox One Day One edition console, Mr Clatworthy said he'd expected to receive the console as it was listed in the video games and consoles category on eBay.

So with that said, he didn't think about it properly and bought into a scam. He also claims to be getting it for his 4 year old son but that to me sounds like a sob story. What parent buys their 4 year old a brand new games console while in a part time job and being a student? I was playing with Lego and watching Pingu at that age and loving every day of it.

The store chain CeX apparently felt bad for him and gave him a free Xbox One console. I don't like seeing the bad in people but this does sound like a publicity stunt.

Original Story

Updated story on CeX giving him a free console

Idiot or unfortunate victim?
Generous or publicity stunt?

Discuss!

EDIT: Forgot to mention that he actually got a refund for the scam as well as a brand new console for free, he didn't pay for it.
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Last edited by leony03 at Dec 9, 2013,
Alas a happy ending for da lad
Whats goes around must come down
Last edited by ichiefG13 at Dec 9, 2013,
neato

The idiot should have gotten his money back because the listing was in the wrong category and obviously an attempt to scam someone, but he shouldn't be rewarded for being stupid.
He's an idiot, but why can't publicity stunts be generous? Any time a corporation does anything good and publicizes the information, it's a publicity stunt. That doesn't make it any less generous. Corporations exist for profit. Generosity allows them to increase profit while doing something good. I don't see the issue.

That said, giving a moron an xbox isn't exactly super generous
It's funny that the guy bought a bit of paper like a fool
and it's right that he got refunded
I dont' really care about him getting a free one from a store, yeah it's a publicity stunt but I suppose it's the good kind
like that attention whore Santa
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do

check yr having-enough-money-to-build-a-decent-gaming-PC privilege
if i actually did shop at CeX, i would have decided to stop shopping there because of this
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Typical xbox fan am I right?

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by homeless-john
What's worse, people who bring up their IQ when it isn't relevant or people who say they're a PC gamer when it isn't relevant?

False dichotomy; they're the same people.
Guys ok here's what you guys who hate yourselves and play consoles should do

1. Buy the shittiest PC from 2006
2. Move all the componentry to a case with lots of lights or transparent panels and cool shit like that

Idk where to go from here but everyone knows the more lights you have the better performing the PC is.
Quote by Spaztikko
Guys ok here's what you guys who hate yourselves and play consoles should do

1. Buy the shittiest PC from 2006

congratulations theres your next gen console

#rekt
Quote by angusfan16
Quick somebody scam me.

I sell high quality xbones for cheap cheap. Just $300 send me your credit info in pm pls
Quote by homeless-john
What's worse, people who bring up their IQ when it isn't relevant or people who say they're a PC gamer when it isn't relevant?

i see the pc gamer morons more so that
There's a store chain called CeX?

lol silly euros

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
There's a store chain called CeX?

lol silly euros

It apparently stands for Complete Entertainment Exchange but yeah, we had a few lols when we first saw it at the town where I went to uni. Its similar to that Fcuk brand name. You think WUT but then take a second look and go ahh.

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
More like Complete Erotic Exxxchange amirite or amirite???????

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
More like Complete Erotic Exxxchange amirite or amirite???????

Quote by angusfan16
Quote by Ssargentslayer
I sell high quality xbones for cheap cheap. Just $300 send me your credit info in pm pls

Okay I did it.

Sail upon the open skies
Quote by Mephaphil
**** that store.

It's always staffed by twats. ALWAYS.

I've never had a bad experience in there

I once bought a stack of 10 DVDs under £1 each and the checkout guy let me choose another for free. He even checked all of the discs and replaced one which was a bit scratched.
Quote by angusfan16
Okay I did it.

Found a new sig

Quote by angusfan16
ahh the ol' 19 year old with a kid ploy
Ultimately, it's all an Illusion for your confusion.

Should have seen this coming four years ago when he had a ****ing kid when he was 15.
Quote by stratkat
>Looks at glowing gaming PC
>continues to not care about next gen consoles

i'll remember that when i've spent a fraction of the cost of your goofy computer and i'm playing zelda and metroid and you're not
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
#rekt
19 and a 4 year old son?

Sure he wasn't from Liverpool?
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by theogonia777
i'll remember that when i've spent a fraction of the cost of your goofy computer and i'm playing zelda and metroid and you're not

PC's are heavily more expensive: the go-to counter argument for the miss-informed.

Edit; Honestly I'm not getting into a PC vs console argument because they're ****ing ******ed, but every time someone tries to make the argument that a gaming pc is insanely expensive I just roll my eyes. My first pc for games was ~$400 including the new graphics card I bought back in 2009 or 2010, and I was able to play skyrim and Saints row 3 (with some lag when there where multiple explosions going on).
Last edited by zomgguitarz1234 at Dec 9, 2013,