As you can tell from the title I am looking for some good guitartone. Currently I play a Fender strat and an Epiphone ES-335 Pro. I have a Boss BD-2 blues Driver, Boss DS-1 and a Big Muff Pi USA. I play through a Fender Frontman 25r. I play mostly Blues/Rock/Jazz/Alternative. Examples: Gary Clark Jr., Foo Fighters, Nirvana, RHCP, SRV, Jimi Hendrix, Black Keys, White Stripes, Eric Clapton, Eric Johnson, Joe Bonamassa, Kenny Wayne Sheppard, B.B King, Oasis, Pearl Jam and Led Zeppelin.

I am not Necessarily looking for a new amp but if you have any really goo amps for Blues/Rock/Jazz/Alternative feel free to comment on that. If you suggest an amp I would like one with a really good creamy clean tone and a decent crunchy OD channel. Blues Jr.? Anyways I would really like to talk about pedals. Are there any good pedals for foo fighters tone. Keep in mind I do not necessarily want a pedal just specifically for Foo Fighters but something that can achieve that and even more.

I would like to keep the pedal price under $150 and I am totally ok with used pedals. The pedals I have been looking at are the Proco Rat, Fulltone Full drive 2 Mosfet, Boss SD-1, Fulltone OCD, Vox Ice 9 and the Boss ST-2 Powerstack.

Open to any suggestions on anything Amps, Pedals, Strings or anything for that matter that can take my guitar tone to the next level for the music I play.
you came to the right place to talk about pedals, but the wrong place for someone to not convince you to buy a new amp.

i like a rat proco for hard rock music, i tend to use a tubescreamer based OD for most of my crunchy tones though.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/gumbilicious/music/play920678

that is a clip of my OD pedal in a live jam. the OD tones start around 3:20
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
New amp is where you're going to get the most improvement from your tone. Your guitar and pedals are pretty nice.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
fender hot rod deluxe or deville. awesome amp, decent price. find a used one
-Andrew H
band: syncopated groove punch
The weakest link is your amp (with the possible exception of the DS-1 but it's a close call.).
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Blues Jr. might be a good option. I have a Crate V33, the kinda gain it has could fit the bill for you. It can pass off Foo Fighters, Nirvana, White Stripes type tones with some extra push. It will be a little more rough around the edges though. It also has very little headroom, but that's a good thing for bluesy type stuff. It's probably not the best option out there for you, but it wouldn't be bad. Jet City 20 watters could work also.
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
Just to throw another common amp, a peavey classic 30/50 or delta blues.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I have a Boss BD-2 blues Driver, Boss DS-1 and a Big Muff Pi USA.

That’s three pedals designed to be used with tube amps. Get a new amp they’ll probably get you the tones you want.
Quote by trashedlostfdup
Just to throw another common amp, a peavey classic 30/50 or delta blues.
A Classic 30 or 50 came immediately to my mind too.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I think the amp is the weakest link, even with the best guitars/pedals/etc it will kind of put a limit on how far you can take things. Some sort of tube amp will probably get you going.

You can find Peavey Classic for pretty cheap ($250 for a 2x12 combo!) on Guitar Center Used online and their shipping even on big items is super cheap.

Fender Blues Jr. is alright. It's a sweet sounding amp, not quite loud enough for the stage though IMO. My guitarist has one but it's collecting dust now because she's using my Orange Dark Terror (Tung Sol RI in V1... makes a big difference). In terms of tone, Blues Jr. appears to have nothing on an Orange Terror through a cab with a V30 or V30-related speaker.
Quote by Cathbard
A Classic 30 or 50 came immediately to my mind too.

They are definitely a go-to amp. Imo tone wise (obviously different tone) just than their hi gain siblings, they kick ass and cover a large gammot of common tones. Very underrated.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Why has nobody suggested a Vox AC15? A used AC15 or AC30 is exactly what you're looking for, amazing clean, the famous top boost channel and it's a perfect platform for pedals.

Another alternative is the Peavey Classic 30/50. I had a 2x12 Classic 50 and it's a fantastic amp for covering a lot of ground. Sweet clean and nice low gain tones. Also loves pedals. The same goes for the Classic 30. If you don't need the power of the 50 I'd get the 30, A LOT lighter and compact. I actually like the Classic 30 better, it does sound a little different to my ears but they are pretty much the same.
i'll throw in a peavey Valveking which can be had used at GC for under $200 these days. really nice clean channel and good dirty channel.
Quote by jonthorsigmunds
Why has nobody suggested a Vox AC15? A used AC15 or AC30 is exactly what you're looking for, amazing clean, the famous top boost channel and it's a perfect platform for pedals.

Another alternative is the Peavey Classic 30/50. I had a 2x12 Classic 50 and it's a fantastic amp for covering a lot of ground. Sweet clean and nice low gain tones. Also loves pedals. The same goes for the Classic 30. If you don't need the power of the 50 I'd get the 30, A LOT lighter and compact. I actually like the Classic 30 better, it does sound a little different to my ears but they are pretty much the same.

Because the AC15 is not the sound TS wants

Peavey classic 30 would be a good amp.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Because the AC15 is not the sound TS wants

Peavey classic 30 would be a good amp.

I could see myself playing a lot of what he described on an AC15, specially the Foo Fighters stuff. Anyway, the C30 would be better that's true. I like the Classic series, great amps.
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Seagull S6
Laney Lionheart L5T

and a bunch pedals...
Last edited by jonthorsigmunds at Dec 10, 2013,
Quote by jonthorsigmunds
I could see myself playing a lot of what he described on an AC15, specially the Foo Fighters stuff. Anyway, the C30 would be better that's true. I like the Classic series, great amps.

Oh the AC15 is a good amp, but only 2-3 of the artist he listed use/used an AC30. That was my reasoning
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Oh the AC15 is a good amp, but only 2-3 of the artist he listed use/used an AC30. That was my reasoning

Yeah, I know I checked the list again and agree the C30 would be much better - and also cheaper!
Seagull S6
Laney Lionheart L5T

and a bunch pedals...
So with a new tube amp in mind what would be a good one for around $300
for at home. I am not gigging yet but I will be playing with a drummer and bass guitarist. Something that has very good clean tone with a good OD channel. I do love knobs and messing around with different stuff so I am not worried at all about an amp being "too complicated". an effects loop would be nice but not necessary something that can give me a good basic clean tone with some reverb and can handle effects like the big muff and the BD-2 well.
Last edited by averyev32 at Dec 10, 2013,
Quote by averyev32
So with a new tube amp in mind what would be a good one for around $300
for at home. I am not gigging yet but I will be playing with a drummer and bass guitarist. Something that has very good clean tone with a good OD channel. I do love knobs and messing around with different stuff so I am not worried at all about an amp being "too complicated". an effects loop would be nice but not necessary something that can give me a good basic clean tone with some reverb and can handle effects like the big muff and the BD-2 well.

Peavey Classic 30 without a doubt.
Seagull S6
Laney Lionheart L5T

and a bunch pedals...
Quote by jonthorsigmunds
Peavey Classic 30 without a doubt.

+1 also you might want to look at a used Peavey Ultra/ultra+, pretty badass amps and really cheap second hand $200ish typically
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate