Hi there, thanks for your thoughts on doing bends / feeling tension

I'm learning blues and bends, particularly a question about: doing 2 1/2 tone bends on the third string, or just when doing bigger bends in general, I can't help but get the distorted face and my expression changes, which obviously is normal compared to the pros, but

I also feel deep deep anxiety or something, a nervous itch in the back of my brain and a tight chest and a clenched heart that feels like a heart attack coming on or something. Is it possible to die or have a stroke doing this ? Am I not relaxed enough ? Is this common ?

Usually I get a pretty good tone accuracy, it's still a fight as it's a new skill and my fingers aren't fully strong yet. It's more to do with tension I think. I'm trying to relax but just wondering if anyone else has this same feeling or maybe a doctor's advice
The only time I'll genuinely worry about my string snapping from a huge bend is on the high e or B. That being said, you don't have to do a 5 semitone bend.. Move up a couple frets and you'll only have to do a tone bend which is of course easier and you'll not have to worry about snapping a string.
You're bending a guitar string, the effort you're putting in is nowhere near close to the limits of what you're capable of...there's power lifters that can lift double their own body weight, free divers that descend to hundreds of feet without scuba gear and people in Mexico who run for miles at high altitude on shoes made of bits of old tyres.

You're just pushing a thin metal string string a few cm across a piece of wood. This is purely psychosomatic, there's no actual issue here.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
This is my usual ultra-cautious advice, but i'd maybe talk to your doctor, just in case. I'd suspect there's nothing wrong as mark says, but I'm also no doctor and I obviously couldn't categorically say for sure there's nothing wrong. Even if it is just* anxiety, your doctor can hopefully help with that, too.

* figure of speech, I don't mean that anxiety can just be brushed off as something insignificant or anything like that.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by ibzshredder
smoke some weed and be one with the instrument !!

+10

haha.
Just another Sheep in the design of the Almighty Machine.

-GEAR-
Gibson 60s Les Paul Tribute (Sunburst)
1999 Ibanez RG470 (TitaniumIce-MIJ)
Jackson RR3 (Trans-Red)
Peavey 6505+
Podx3