Hi guys new to guitars how do I change the strings? It's a prs billy Martin se and the bridge bit seems different to all the YouTube videos
Well as stated I am new to guitars and it looks different to all the others on the the you tube videos! It may be pretty standard to you but I don't know how to change them hence asking how
very simple, take a look at how they are now on your guitar. And you do the same.

Pull the strings through the bridge, from the inside, then bend them over your bridge and insert them into the tuning pegs. From here, it's the same as in any tutorial.

Be careful with the gauge of your strings, buy the same gauge otherwise some tech work might be needed to adapt your action and get rid of buzz.
Well that's the thing I'v moved to a thicker gauge because I found that my rather strong grip and strong fingers it was too easy to press the stings down
my guitar tutor recommended a heavier gauge I'v now changed them and I'v noticed that if my amp is on distortion and it's plugged in it makes noise even if I'm not playing
The noise goes away if I put my hand over the strings though
How do I fix this?
It's a high pitched horrible noise
Last edited by Davefinch295 at Dec 12, 2013,
Quote by Davefinch295
Well that's the thing I'v moved to a thicker gauge because I found that my rather strong grip and strong fingers it was too easy to press the stings down
my guitar tutor recommended a heavier gauge I'v now changed them and I'v noticed that if my amp is on distortion and it's plugged in it makes noise even if I'm not playing
The noise goes away if I put my hand over the strings though
How do I fix this?
It's a high pitched horrible noise

The noise isn't due to your new strings. That's all I can tell.

I would maybe try different power outlets and different cables.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Quote by Davefinch295
Different power outlets?

Plug your amp into different outlets in your house.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115