I'm at Stafforshire University and I am making a website about the 60's.
The aim of the site is to create something made up mainly of 1st person
accounts of the 60's.

I understand that most people on this forum wont have 1st person accounts
of the 60's but I thought it would be nice to include a page of the sort of
legacy that the 60's has had for people.

So if you could take a few moments to go to the facebook page below, like it
and then post a memory of the 60's, this can be something you remember or
just your view of an important event (doesn't have to be music related).

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Memories-of-the-60s/451110758334234

or email them to
memoriesofthe60s@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks
Dave

Quote by Metalmarathon
The concept of self-fulfilling prophecies never seem to occur to the ones that always create them.

Attic Green
My Band
Last edited by Dave Frenzy at Dec 10, 2013,
Your avatar is ridiculously outdated.

Also asking UG'ers what it was like in the 60's is like asking what it was like in the middle ages. Most people here were born 10-20 years after the 60's ended.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Dec 10, 2013,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

He's also writing about the 60s, so maybe he's trying to get into character
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

Also asking UG'ers what it was like in the 60's is like asking what it was like in the middle ages. Most people here were born 10-20 years after the 60's ended.

haha yeah I know. Might look at changing it soon.

yeah, thats why I want peoples opinions as well, I think it would be good to get a different generations view on the decade.

for example Im amazed at how a modern war lasted for the whole decade and had such an influence on music. yet the war in Iraq and Afghanistan has lasted just as long but has had no real influence.

(don't mean to go all political but you cant help it on a topic like this)
Quote by Metalmarathon
The concept of self-fulfilling prophecies never seem to occur to the ones that always create them.

Attic Green
My Band
Quote by Dave Frenzy
yeah, thats why I want peoples opinions as well, I think it would be good to get a different generations view on the decade.

All knowing what I know about it is achieved just through reading a couple of wikipedia articles. It's just a list of big historical events. The Space Race, Eric Clapton, The Beatles, The Yardbirds, the Cold War and the Vietnam War.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Dec 10, 2013,
I remember the 60s. It's big chunks of the 70s and 80s that are missing.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Ah the 60's, I remember them like they were only 50 years ago.
Sorry, not a fan of that facebook but your website sounds interesting.
All you need to know about the 60s is the kinks
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Quote by UltimateGuizar
Ah the 60's, I remember them like they were only 50 years ago.
Sorry, not a fan of that facebook but your website sounds interesting.

oh right, well we have an email address set up if you could send something to that?

memoriesofthe60s@hotmail.co.uk

If you know anybody else that would be interested in contributing could you pass it on?
Thanks

Its a work in progress at the moment but it wont work unless we get enough responses.
Quote by Metalmarathon

Attic Green
My Band
Quote by cha33 armstrong
All you need to know about the 60s is the kinks

Out of everything encompassed by the 60's... the kinks?
How do you make a signature? Is this a signature? Sig?.... Nature?..... Sigmund Freud?...... Nature Valley?.... Sigmund Fraud?..... Frankie Valli?.... ah, $!*@ it...
The 60s were a great time. You could smoke indoors. Anytime you didn't like something you could have a drink. You could ignore your wife and kids if you didn't feel like dealing with them. Everyone had slicked back hair and wore suits. You could sleep with as many women you weren't married to as you wanted. You could change your name for fun.

The 60s were a great time. I wasn't there personally, but I've been busy watching documentaries about it.
Quote by The Spoon
The 60s were a great time. You could smoke indoors. Anytime you didn't like something you could have a drink. You could ignore your wife and kids if you didn't feel like dealing with them. Everyone had slicked back hair and wore suits. You could sleep with as many women you weren't married to as you wanted. You could change your name for fun.

The 60s were a great time. I wasn't there personally, but I've been busy watching documentaries about it.

The bolded is still stuff that you can do today though, how is that exclusive for the 60s?
The sixties also had Bomb shelters, Civil Defense drills and shelters, fear of instant Atomic world distruction, Beatles, cigarette machines, Surf music, protest music, folk music, Motown, race riots, political assasinations, Camelot to Dallas, Selma to Montgomery, the space race, Man on the Moon, the Iron Curtian, the Civil Rights Movement, the Dommino Effect, hippies, polio, segragation, flat top haircuts, Freedom Fighters, KKK, SAC, MAD, NORAD, black and white TV with four channels, American Bandstand, Mickey Mouse Club, Vietnam, Alice's Restaurant, Innagadadavida, and a Government that could work together.
Last edited by Guitbuilder at Dec 10, 2013,
Quote by The Spoon

You're getting this from documentaries? That's just bad history.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
The 60's were great; favorite time ever.

I'm not old enough to have firsthand knowledge of the decade though, sorry.

Quote by rockingamer2
You're getting this from documentaries? That's just bad history.

I just overestimated how many people watch Mad Men, I guess.
Quote by Jackal58
I remember the 60s. It's big chunks of the 70s and 80s that are missing.

Pretty much this.

I vaguely remember Jimi Hendrix playing a show a few blocks away from my house (At a place called Devonshire Downs).
And all the people camped out in a vacant lot on the end of my street.
I remember saying to my dad "It smells funny down there".

Use that if you want.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Dec 10, 2013,
All i know about the 60's is that Woodstock was a music festival and that Altamont was a disaster.
i'd tell you to do a website about the 90s instead but only 90s kids remember the 90s

Quote by MinterMan22
i'd tell you to do a website about the 90s instead but only 90s kids remember the 90s

I once asked my mom about the 90s. Her response was garbled confusion.

I was born in 1991. She doesn't remember it
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~