hello. i want to buy a squier classic vibe guitar. after that i will replace the pickups with humbuckers in single coil size (seymour duncan). why? because i love to modificate guitars. is it worth to buy a classic vibe for that or would bullet or afinity bring the same result? i wonder,r is the classic vibe allaround better guitar or just some features? sorry for my english.thanx
i haven't tried the classic vibe but i'm not sure how sensible it is to buy a guitar just to upgrade it. add the price of those pickups to the price of the classic vibe and you could likely just get a better out-of-the-box guitar.

now, if you like modding for the sake of it, that's different, and if you don't mind financing that hobby then by all means go for it. but as a "bang for buck" plan, it's normally a bad idea.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
just buy a used G&L tribute and play it. should be roughly the same cost as a new classic vibe.

unless new is your preference. then get the squier.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I agree with Dave_Mc but, I have seen a video on youtube of a guy comparing the classic vibe Telecaster with a Fender 52 reissue Telecaster. I don't know about the strat, but the Classic vibe Tele is a good sounding guitar! So if it was me, I would totally go for a classic vibe since it sounds so good (in my opinion better than the 52 reissue, really).

Here's on of the videos about that classic vs reissue thing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fHKNVhhq5o

Now are they really better made than other squiers? Since quality is so random for squiers I don't know.

Point is, I personnaly think Classic vibe is an overall better guitar that other squiers. Is it worth mdificating it? Not so sure about pickups, but it can be a nice project!

Also they look better
Last edited by Taz9 at Dec 10, 2013,
I was really impressed with the Classic Vibes. The Tele is a good, if not great guitar. I'm not a fan of the newer Squier lines otherwise. They're tuning stability, and fretwork usually shit. However, I almost bought a classic vibe (and I own a MIA Tele) just because it had such a nice feel to it and stayed in tune. I would say it's a pretty good modding platform as long as you like the guitar enough to invest in it.
Gear:

Fender Strat
PRS SE Custom 24
Agile AL-3100

Jet City JCA50H
Randall 2x12 wV30s
Squier certainly aren't the brand i remember when i was 13. Played one of their vintage modified Jazzmasters a week back and couldn't believe it was a sub £300 guitar. i Was always impressed with the '51s as well and the classic vibes. The necks have felt phenomenal and are actually better than most the MIM's i've played. I think they're the perfect platform for modding. I'm actually tempted to do the same and buy one out just for fitting new electronics as a studio guitar.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Can we compare the squier vintage modified to classic vibe? which one do you prefer and why? the classic vibe is a bit more expensive. what do you think?
If ya wanna buy a guitar to mod it, I'd say get something really cheap like some Xaviere.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I got the CV Squier Tele when it first came out based on the rave reviews by the grandpas over at TDPRI and I wasn't disappointed.

I thought I was going to need to replace the PUs and dress the frets when I ordered it from MF; but, when it came in, it just needed some minor tweaks to the set-up. It's way better than my buddy's Xaviere and Squier VM *and* it's Pine!

You won't mistake it for a MIA Standard Tele but it's very good and it has a huge Bang for the $$$.

Quote by Ippon
I got the CV Squier Tele when it first came out based on the rave reviews by the grandpas over at TDPRI and I wasn't disappointed.

wasn't the rumour (maybe corroborated) that the pickups were toneriders, or at least made in the tonerider factory? if that's true, it'd go some way to explaining why the pickups are pretty decent.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Spambot_2
If ya wanna buy a guitar to mod it, I'd say get something really cheap like some Xaviere.

no, i shold not be too cheap because i will only replace if needed the electronics, the nut. pickups and tremolo but only if neccesary. too cheap guitars need more upgrades than that. this will not be my first guitar upgrade. i upgraded a vintage les paul v100 and a ibanez rg. both became better. the les paul with seymour duncan and gibson pickup and the rg with schaller hot stuff. pickups are realy the best upgrade possible but i most say that nut is a verry good upgrade too.
Quote by kitarmen
no, i shold not be too cheap because i will only replace if needed the electronics, the nut. pickups and tremolo but only if neccesary. too cheap guitars need more upgrades than that. this will not be my first guitar upgrade. i upgraded a vintage les paul v100 and a ibanez rg. both became better. the les paul with seymour duncan and gibson pickup and the rg with schaller hot stuff. pickups are realy the best upgrade possible but i most say that nut is a verry good upgrade too.

The Xaviere is as cheap as hell, but way better quality than the squiers I tried, and better than the MIMs.
I'd choose that over the squier even if it wasn't for modding.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I can understand getting a cheaper guitar then upgrading the pups (I even did it myself). What I don't understand is why you would get a single coil guitar to put SC sized buckers in it. Why not get a guitar that comes with humbuckers, you'll have many more options.
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
Quote by tas38
I can understand getting a cheaper guitar then upgrading the pups (I even did it myself). What I don't understand is why you would get a single coil guitar to put SC sized buckers in it. Why not get a guitar that comes with humbuckers, you'll have many more options.

I'm sorry, I have to say this, Bareknuckle Sinner Single coils, true single coils, crazy high output, puts humbuckers to shame, very quiet, will melt faces and your wallet.

If you can find the right Squier, then yeah, it's worth it to modify it. I love mine over just about any guitar I've ever played, although it needed a ton of work.