I have a Roland Cube 15XL which I run on the clean channel. I have made up my mind to what I'm going to run in front of it. Here it goes.
Blackstar Ht-Distx as a pre-amp. Digitech Bad-monkey as an OD, NS-2 for noisegate and MXR Carbon Copy for delay.
Is it possible to switch between distortion and clean with delay.
i.e. My over-drive and pre-amp is on and I have to switch to clean with delay. Is there a way to do that instantly?
Thanks, I'm all confused. Help much appreciated
Well, there are switching systems that pick which combination of fx turn on and off. But they can literally cost close to or as much/more as your entire rig depending on which you go with.
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Quote by Maidenheadsteve
Well, there are switching systems. But they can literally cost close to or as much/more as your entire rig.

Is Boss LS-2 useful in such cases?
Don't have the experience/knowledge for it. I was actually referring to something from Carl Martin. http://www.carlmartin.com/product_combinator.htm.
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
position the pedals so the 2 you want on are right beside each other and you are able to activate both with 1 foot at the same time. i do that with dist&delay pedals
Very Orange CARVIN DC 700
PRS SE Custom - crunch lab&PAF pro
Ibanez GRX40 - modified
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ 2x12 cab

Originally Posted by Shirate
The guitar, the only beautiful female that looks better with the top ON haha

Transformice
Quote by Rocketface2112
position the pedals so the 2 you want on are right beside each other and you are able to activate both with 1 foot at the same time. i do that with dist&delay pedals

thanks, that is a good way
Yes, but it is very expensive. You need a MIDI controller and a MIDI loop device to put all of your "patches" in separate loops to be toggled with the controller.

The MIDI setup itself will EASILY run you hundreds of dollars, like $500+ just an off the top of my head estimate.

Or, you can get good at sequencing your stomps. When I used to use stombpoxes, I figured out that you can turn stuff on and off a few seconds before a change and you can't really tell the difference. So right when you need to change, stomp your delay on a second before, than then turn your distortion off when you need to.

It takes practice, but eventually you'll get smooth at it and you'll be good.

Or you can come to the dark side and run a digitally controlled rig.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by recyclebin32
I have a Roland Cube 15XL which I run on the clean channel. I have made up my mind to what I'm going to run in front of it. Here it goes.
Blackstar Ht-Distx as a pre-amp. Digitech Bad-monkey as an OD, NS-2 for noisegate and MXR Carbon Copy for delay.
Is it possible to switch between distortion and clean with delay.

This is why I went to the darkside, to user presets on a Pod HD-500x.

Actually, I have a Variax guitar as well, so with a single stomp I can change the guitar model, the alternate tuning, the amp, the cabinet, and a whole series of FX, with each one set specifically where I want it. Next stomp, I can change everything completely.

Blackstar: $200
Bad Monkey: $50
Boss NS-2: $100
MXR Carbon Copy: $150

Pedals Only: $500

Add: Tuner, expression pedal (maybe), power octopus, three short connector cables and a board to stick it all to.

Pod HD500x: $500.

recyclebin321, Come To The Dahk Side... I am your Fahthahhhhh.....
Get a metal bar and superglue it to both switches.

Also, while I've never played a Cube, modeling amps generally suck with pedals

There's also this for much cheaper than the Carl Martin. They also have an 8 loop model.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wave-X-JOYO-PXL-4-4-PROGRAMMABLE-EFFECTS-LOOPER-SWITCHING-SYSTEM-Purple-/190804949745?_trksid=p2054897.l4276
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
Last edited by tas38 at Dec 15, 2013,
Quote by Offworld92

Or, you can get good at sequencing your stomps. When I used to use stombpoxes, I figured out that you can turn stuff on and off a few seconds before a change and you can't really tell the difference. So right when you need to change, stomp your delay on a second before, than then turn your distortion off when you need to.

It takes practice, but eventually you'll get smooth at it and you'll be good.

Or you can come to the dark side and run a digitally controlled rig.

this works and is what I do.