Page 1 of 2
Have you ever teased your kid (or a kid) about, you know like.. Santa's gotten shot down by a fighter jet or alien or something... and you can do it within the confines of your family, and depending on how jovial you are about it the kids get the joke most of the time (and it also depends on the age of the child). But here's an example of how, not only are we taking away childhood, but we're doing it in a politically perverse way that I find disgusting.

Here's an "urgent" message from Santa Clause, provided to the children of the UK by Greenpeace:

http://www.mrctv.org/videos/santa-says-global-warming-may-cancel-christmas

....and Santa fades to black, as the melting ice continues to drip, drip...

You know what? I wanna punch them. I wanna take this guy and I wanna strangle him. I wanna strangle the sob. What a dirt bag. Also, thats a creepy sounding Santa Clause.

Thoughts on this?
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Last edited by Carnivean at Dec 10, 2013,
man gandolf is such a good actor

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I think getting people riled up is the entire point.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
I remember being like 8 years old and playing in the backyard with my friends. when I say "playing" im talking about digging a big ass hole until my parents lost their shit when they saw what we were doing. Kid stuff. why? because "homework" consisted of reading 3 pages of a textbook when I got home, and then ****ing around til the sun went down (I'm 21, its not like this was long ago...)

My little cousin who is like, 9 years old, has midterm exams tomorrow. he's in Grade 3. I was at his house today and he was freaking out, on the verge of full blown panic attack because he didn't think he was ready and was going to fail the exam. not a "test", an exam. an exam that will take 3 hours to write.

... Grade 3.

now he has to worry about santa telling him that ****ing global warming is going to kill all the reindeer and cancel christmas?

these kids are doomed. society has failed them before they even had a chance.

leave adult problems to adults, and let kids be kids goddamit. They've got like 70 years to worry about shit until the day they die, let them have at least 12 years of care free existence.
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Dec 10, 2013,
I'd like to think that that video is aimed at adults
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
I remember being like 8 years old and playing in the backyard with my friends. when I say "playing" im talking about digging a big ass hole until my parents lost their shit when they saw what we were doing. Kid stuff. why? because "homework" consisted of reading 3 pages of a textbook when I got home, and then ****ing around til the sun went down (I'm 21, its not like this was long ago...)

My little cousin who is like, 9 years old, has midterm exams tomorrow. he's in Grade 3. I was at his house today and he was freaking out, on the verge of full blown panic attack because he didn't think he was ready and was going to fail the exam. not a "test", an exam. an exam that will take 3 hours to write.

... Grade 3.

now he has to worry about santa telling him that ****ing global warming is going to kill all the reindeer and cancel christmas?

leave adult problems to adults, and let kids be kids goddamit. They've got like 70 years to worry about shit until the day they die, let them have at least 12 years of care free existence.

Oh no, kids are actually learning things at an earlier age. How horrible.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides

... Grade 3.

you should tell your cousin to chill eh

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

... Grade 3.

I've noticed this and find it kinda sad
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by Hydra150
I'd like to think that that video is aimed at adults

Why? Why would adults care about the well-being of Santa when they know that he's not real?
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Quote by darkcheef
Oh no, kids are actually learning things at an earlier age. How horrible.

yep. 30% examinations at the age of 9 are great for kids attitudes to learning, and overall mental health. overwhelming stress and pressure is exactly how little kids learn best
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Dec 11, 2013,
Quote by Carnivean
Why? Why would adults care about the well-being of Santa when they know that he's not real?

Ask Greenpeace
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
The sad thing is most of what kids are given is busy work so its just stressing them out for nothing.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Kids don't give a **** about santa they just want video games. ****in video games man. I just sent some legos and shit to my little cousins and I guarantee they are going to open that shit up and immediately say what the **** is this this isn't a video game why the **** did someone give me this
Listen. I'm sorry.
Quote by vilk
Kids don't give a **** about santa they just want video games. ****in video games man. I just sent some legos and shit to my little cousins and I guarantee they are going to open that shit up and immediately say what the **** is this this isn't a video game why the **** did someone give me this

I would've felt the same way as a kid honestly, this isn't 1973 grandpa.
I'm more disappointed in the fact that the video is some greenpeace bullshit and not a trailer for a christmas thriller/horror/disaster movie. I'd totally go and watch it.
Quote by Carnivean

Are you literally this dumb? You are pretending right?

Do you think children who believe in santa go "I wonder what greenpeace is up to" and google this shit? Even if you google "santa claus" this doesn't even come up. Kids aren't subscribed to greenpeace on youtube, kids don't have youtube accounts. Please reconsider your life.
I don't remember Santa having an English accent

#checkmate
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
lol @ all these people brainwashed by the illuminati into thinking santa clause isn't real

wake up sheeple, the northpol-calypse is coming

pretentious small text, right justified signature
UG's professional coffee nerd
also UG's musical theatre nerd
roscoe's wetsuit
It's an interesting idea, though. Suppose that, in some future generation, the polar ice caps are melted down.

The reason Santa is in the north pole is because it's an area largely seen as inaccessible. If just anyone can drive to the north pole, they can see that nothing is there. Where will Santa hide then? His secret moon base?
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by Carnivean
Have you ever teased your kid (or a kid) about, you know like.. Santa's gotten shot down by a fighter jet or alien or something... and you can do it within the confines of your family, and depending on how jovial you are about it the kids get the joke most of the time (and it also depends on the age of the child). But here's an example of how, not only are we taking away childhood, but we're doing it in a politically perverse way that I find disgusting.

Here's an "urgent" message from Santa Clause, provided to the children of the UK by Greenpeace:

http://www.mrctv.org/videos/santa-says-global-warming-may-cancel-christmas

....and Santa fades to black, as the melting ice continues to drip, drip...

You know what? I wanna punch them. I wanna take this guy and I wanna strangle him. I wanna strangle the sob. What a dirt bag. Also, thats a creepy sounding Santa Clause.

Thoughts on this?
What's being a 63 year old man like?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I just sent some legos and shit to my little cousins and I guarantee they are going to open that shit up and immediately say what the **** is this this isn't a video game why the **** did someone give me this

Man, kids who are loathing LEGO aren't human beigns. I'm 23 and if someone would give me LEGO for christmas it would be bliss.
Quote by vilk

man no way, legos replace all.

Hell, even as an adult I'd rather spend most days sitting in my room playing with legos than going out and having to do adult shit. legos trump video games.

I'm of the generation that grew up pretty much at the intersection of the best video game systems with the best lego sets: 90s kids.
we got this:

and this:

a ps1, and a giant ass box of legos would keep me entertained for the rest of my life.

EDIT:
^
see? its not just me. i'm asking everyone i know to get me legos for christmas. that and some Ps1 games. I still have the console, but I can't find any of my games to play with it. Spyro the Dragon, gran turismo 2 and Crash Bandicoot were my favorites
a ps1/n64, and a giant ass box of legos would keep me entertained for the rest of my life.

You forgot about pizza.
Quote by GameSkate
You forgot about pizza.

I had to simplify. I also erased the N64. If I had to choose, I'd take the PS1 every time. I'm a playstation kid at heart, always will be.

and besides, if snackfood was gonna be included, it'd obviously be a McDonalds happy meal. I wish I could still order a happy meal without being judged.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
I had to simplify. I also erased the N64. If I had to choose, I'd take the PS1 every time. I'm a playstation kid at heart, always will be.

and besides, if snackfood was gonna be included, it'd obviously be a McDonalds happy meal. I wish I could still order a happy meal without being judged.

we should chill eh

Quote by Thrashtastic15
N64 you little shits.

oi, com at me n sai that, bruv. 1 f0kin ch33ky kunt, m8. ill f00kin bash ur 'ead in, m8. f00kin swer on me mum ill rek u, initbruv. f00kin ps1 f00kin dashes up n64, m8. f00kin 1v1 me irl m7fgt

Wtf is this shit, Blair Witch Santa meets Edgar Allan Poe.

I'd never deprive a child of childhood. It wasn't done to me and it won't be done to other kids. Unless he's a little shitbag who doesn't do what he's/she's supposed to do because he wasn't raised right by his/her parents.

/santa
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
oi, com at me n sai that, bruv. 1 f0kin ch33ky kunt, m8. ill f00kin bash ur 'ead in, m8. f00kin swer on me mum ill rek u, initbruv. f00kin ps1 f00kin dashes up n64, m8. f00kin 1v1 me irl m7fgt

take the kitten away from the blender

also i didnt have a ps1 or an n64. i had my own computer. master race etc etc
Quote by Thrashtastic15
take the kitten away from the blender

also i didnt have a ps1 or an n64. i had my own computer. master race etc etc

windows 95/98 sweg, breh.

but seriously, the best video games EVER:
- Pitfall
- Mechwarrior 3
- Descent 3
- Diablo 2

all PC, all badass. I was PC gamin' WAY before I was console gamin'
Quote by Thrashtastic15
only played diablo out of those. age of empires was my shit.

diablo was so good that I STILL play it sometimes to kill time.

I'll even take it online as long as I dnt hav 2 pl4y wit fvkin n00b hax fgts. ply a r33l cl4ss liek t3h n3cro legit, or gtfo my server, fgt. n0 duping in this r00m, n00bz, wer3 rushing Baal on H3ll mode, fgt, your cl4ss dznt even complmnt this t33m.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
diablo was so good that I STILL play it sometimes to kill time.

I'll even take it online as long as I dnt hav 2 pl4y wit fvkin n00b hax fgts. ply a r33l cl4ss liek t3h n3cro legit, or gtfo my server, fgt.

aoc is so good that i still play it competitively and get killed in cash tournaments. dude i play with wrote a book #mlg

diablo was fun but i was never very good at it. i had a really ghetto dungeon crawler i used to play instead.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
only played diablo out of those. age of empires was my shit.

age of empires

"Let's be allies"
"SEND ME GOLD DAMN IT SEND ME STONE PLEASE"
"We are now enemies."
#howdoiturnthison
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

Quote by captainsnazz
jesus wept TS, you really are one stupid fucking twat aren't you.

#rekt

you're a quick one, aintcha m8? snazz? more like spazz, amirite?

sounds good. lets worship the moon on Dec 25th instead.
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Page 1 of 2