Page 1 of 2
my finals end on friday, and obviously this means campus-wide parties and binge drinking. Everyone knows the best part of drinking is the drunk food.

I'm stockpiling a list of the greatest drunk foods. present me your thought-cloud of food ideas, so I can get it in my body.

my go-to's:

- Burrito Boyz halibut burrito

- Five guys anything

- Wendys 1/2 Double
(Invalid img)

- Shawarma

- if I'm in montreal, the La Belle Province poutine:

the components that make up the best drunk foods are;
- generally a salty food
- lots of meat or cheese
- greasy, although this is not necessary
- bad for you (not necessary, but encouraged)
- messy
- very filling
- hand foods (no forks. too drunk to safely operate utensils. the exception is poutine. while this does not "require" a fork, eating it without one greatly diminishes the meal)
- you'd feel ashamed for eating it if you weren't drunk
- inexpensive
- the staff doesn't judge you, understands your inebriation, and is patient

GO!
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Dec 11, 2013,
anything

especially maccas though

Because they're always open
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Anything with good in it.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
These are kebabs

Shawarma is different from kebabs. The reason people (mistakenly) call the Doner shit kebabs is because a kebab is something on a skewer that is roasted. The ENTIRE Doner is a kebab. But the sliced stuff is shawarma.
Quote by Baby Joel
wat
shwarma and kebabs are not the exact same thing you silly. Different meats bruv.

when I went to liverpool everyone was calling them kebabs you can fill shawarmas with lots of different meats. (i know what a "kebab" is, in the sense of the meat on the stick. that's just what everyone was calling them. THEY'RE wrong, not me )
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
when I went to liverpool everyone was calling them kebabs you can fill shawarmas with lots of different meats. (i know what a "kebab" is, in the sense of the meat on the stick. that's just what everyone was calling them. THEY'RE wrong, not me )

True, but you ARE wrong about one thing.. shawarma is the meat, not the sandwich. It typically comes in a pita or laffa (laffa is better). And you're right that shawarma can be many different kinds of meat. The best I've had have been mixed. Lamb+turkey is the tits.

Ugh it's so amazing when you walk in and see the enormous skewer rotiserrie thing with layered lamb and turkey and you watch them slice it off just for your sandwich

I haven't had good middle eastern food for a while but my standards are ridiculously high because I was a cook in a middle eastern restaurant with a legit chef.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides

From what I've seen, Brits tend to call doners kebabs, and will specify shwarma by name. But it's such a minute difference, and everyone knows the difference anyway, even if we use the wrong words, so yeah

That being said, I don't drink, but I love me a doner.
Quote by progdude93
True, but you ARE wrong about one thing.. shawarma is the meat, not the sandwich. It typically comes in a pita or laffa (laffa is better). And you're right that shawarma can be many different kinds of meat. The best I've had have been mixed. Lamb+turkey is the tits.

i don't think i've ever had one sober, I wasn't really paying attention to such details
Like I said, I worked in a really legit place for a while. There's NOTHING like having a fresh shawarma in a fresh laffa (I never made the laffa cos I have a thing about not sticking my arm in specialized brick/clay ovens, but I got neil to do it) with fresh hummus and fresh israeli salad (not sure what's israeli about it, but shit's cash) and tahini sauce and homemade skhug
Quote by progdude93
Like I said, I worked in a really legit place for a while. There's NOTHING like having a fresh shawarma in a fresh laffa (I never made the laffa cos I have a thing about not sticking my arm in specialized brick/clay ovens, but I got neil to do it) with fresh hummus and fresh israeli salad (not sure what's israeli about it, but shit's cash) and tahini sauce and homemade skhug

I once went to a place where the owner insisted I try it with tzatziki. legit would not accept my money or give me a shawarma unless I agreed to try it with tzatziki.

blew my mind. I HAVE to have tzatziki on all of them now.

Quote by UntilISleep
In bulk, yes. They're 99 cents.

Get hammered. Order tons.

oh shit, totally forgot about this.

you're also supposed to order some junior chickens and stack them. get like 6. amazing.
i'm not a fan of yogurt on shawarma i like it on falafel though. but only the cool flavored yogurt sauces. there's this pink kind i got, and i have NO idea what's in it, but it's delicious.

edit: oh you mean tzatziki (sp?) eh i'm not a huge fan. it's kind of boring, IMO. the indians get yogurt sauces right though
Last edited by progdude93 at Dec 11, 2013,
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
anything

especially maccas though

Because they're always open

yeah this

mcchicken + ice lemon tea

OR this place called spize, it has has really really good milo and cheese fries
cat
Quote by progdude93
i'm not a fan of yogurt on shawarma i like it on falafel though. but only the cool flavored yogurt sauces. there's this pink kind i got, and i have NO idea what's in it, but it's delicious.

**tzatziki. i wrote yogurt as a placeholder until I could remember how to spell tzatziki
Quote by progdude93
oh you mean tzatziki (sp?) eh i'm not a huge fan. it's kind of boring, IMO.

you are honestly the worst person i have ever encountered
Quote by progdude93
i take that as a compliment, coming from a misbegotten shitbag like yourself

says the guy that doesnt like tzatziki yet probably hasnt even had acceptable tzatziki in his life.
Quote by UntilISleep
Also sushi

if you can manage the chopsticks

chopsticks when drunk? please.. you're just supposed to grab handfuls and shovel into your mouth
Quote by progdude93
chopsticks when drunk? please.. you're just supposed to grab handfuls and shovel into your mouth

cretin
Quote by progdude93

I'm murrcan, that's how I always eat.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by Thrashtastic15
says the guy that doesnt like tzatziki yet probably hasnt even had acceptable tzatziki in his life.

I don't know why you're making assumptions as to what I have or haven't had. Tzatziki is boring. I bet you're vanilla enough to put plain mayo on your sandwiches.
Quote by UntilISleep
cretin

you're not supposed to eat sushi with chopsticks, traditionally. its always supposed to be a finger food. the drunks are technically the cultured ones
Quote by progdude93
I don't know why you're making assumptions as to what I have or haven't had. Tzatziki is boring. I bet you're vanilla enough to put plain mayo on your sandwiches.

Saying tzatziki is boring demonstrates nothing more than an ignorance towards quality tzatziki. Bet you don't even bake your own bread you culinary scum.

edit: who the hell eats sushi with chopsticks
Quote by progdude93

but what if you have yummy crab roe on your sushi and it gets on your hands and bursts before you can eat it
cat
^ that would be an exception. but i would never get that when drunk

Quote by Thrashtastic15
Saying tzatziki is boring demonstrates nothing more than an ignorance towards quality tzatziki. Bet you don't even bake your own bread you culinary scum.

No, I've had quality tzatziki, it's just pretty boring in terms of flavor when compared to, say, indian yogurt sauces.

I refuse to apologize for enjoying bold flavors

And I have a bread machine. I bet you're the kind of pleb who does it by hand.
Last edited by progdude93 at Dec 11, 2013,
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
you're not supposed to eat sushi with chopsticks, traditionally. its always supposed to be a finger food. the drunks are technically the cultured ones

I did not know this

I am given chopsticks whenever I order sushi so I use them
Quote by UntilISleep
I did not know this

I am given chopsticks whenever I order sushi so I use them

those are there so that when the sushi chefs see the white people using them, they know that they dont have to waste the quality ingredients on that table
Quote by Thrashtastic15

edit: who the hell eats sushi with chopsticks

everyone? Do people not eat sushi with chopsticks? This is new.

Anyway everyone should know how to use chopsticks, drunk or not. If I can do it so can you
cat
When I was in Southern California, a Tommy Burger was the perfect drunk food.
You start eating it with your hands, finish with a spoon.
Quote by progdude93

No, I've had quality tzatziki, it's just pretty boring in terms of flavor when compared to, say, indian yogurt sauces.

If you think proper tzatziki is boring you either have a shit palette or haven't had good tzatziki. dunno what to tell you bro

bread maker. lol and you want to talk about sandwich superiority.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
those are there so that when the sushi chefs see the white people using them, they know that they dont have to waste the quality ingredients on that table

but they bring it with the order
Page 1 of 2