Page 1 of 3
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-12-11/uruguay-set-to-legalise-the-production-and-sale-of-marijuana/5148364

Uruguay has become the first country to legalise the production and sale of marijuana.

Under a ground-breaking new law, passed by the country's parliament on Tuesday, Uruguayans are permitted to grow the drug legally, or buy up to 40 grams per month from the government via pharmacies.

Private clubs for marijuana consumption will also be allowed, adding to citizens' existing rights to smoke it legally.

Under Uruguay's proposed law, consumers over the age of 18 will be able to grow their own marijuana, though no more than six plants per person.

...also warns those who might want to indulge in what has been euphemistically called "ecological tourism".

"Only our citizens will be authorised with proof of identity. No one else."

Lol.
West Ham United
40 grams a month or 6 plants?

what do they do if somebody who legitimately needs it medically is smoking? they quite easily blow through more than 40 grams a month lol
U R Gay heuheuheuheu
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by chaoticfables
Worst Homer impression ever

Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
This is a sad day in history. I can't imagine the how disillusioned and lethargic their youth will be 10 years from now. I'm glad I don't live in a country like Uruguay where such an evil is being permitted.

Quote by korinaflyingv
I put at least 35 grams in a spliff if I want to get really battered. ****in bullshit.

I'll match ya.
Quote by MinterMan22
This is a sad day in history. I can't imagine the how disillusioned and lethargic their youth will be 10 years from now. I'm glad I don't live in a country like Uruguay where such an evil is being permitted.

HA, you will once the Liberals kick their foots in the door budddday
Current Gear:
New York Pro - 5 String Beaut
Some tom delonge green strat my friend made
Boss GT-6
Eden DC210XLT Metro Bass Combo 500W (if anyone else has this model and has any insight about it, do pm me)
A bit silly allowing such a low amount... I suppose you can get it from your friends that don't want it though or something.

Really interesting to see how this goes down. Hopefully most of the rest of the world will come to see the benefits.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Quote by MinterMan22

Yeh I Think Weed Is Bad And Once I Knew A Guy Who Smoke Too Many Weed And His Head Explode
Quote by korinaflyingv
Only 40 grams?? I put at least 35 grams in a spliff if I want to get really battered. ****in bullshit.

Holy shit, you've got to be kidding me. That one spliff would cost you about £200 at UK rate.

Sounds more like decriminalisation than full legalisation, given that there are quite a few restrictions on it. Not that they're particularly tight though, 40 grams sounds like more than enough, if you're smoking more than that in a month then you clearly have too much time and money on your hands.

Good to see some progress in this department, I can't see the UK following suit under the conservatives and although I don't want to sound disrespectful, I can't imagine Uruguay's stance will have a huge impact on policy here in Britain. None the less it's a step in the right direction.
Vinland, Vinland Über Alles

"Why do they still call me a warlord? And mad? All I want to do is create the perfect genetic soldier!"
The limit on the number of plants and how much you can buy seem unenforceable to me.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by korinaflyingv
people spend that much on coke in a night, and getting baked is way better than that

I guess if it's a once in a blue moon sort of thing I could vaguely understand, but still, you could have a much better night with £200 than just smoking a spliff. You could get tickets to about 10 or 20 gigs for that kind of money.

As for spending that much on coke I can't even imagine, that's crazy.

"Why do they still call me a warlord? And mad? All I want to do is create the perfect genetic soldier!"
Quote by EqualOfHeaven
I guess if it's a once in a blue moon sort of thing I could vaguely understand, but still, you could have a much better night with £200 than just smoking a spliff. You could get tickets to about 10 or 20 gigs for that kind of money.

As for spending that much on coke I can't even imagine, that's crazy.

It's not just smoking a spliff... it's a really big ****ing spliff. Often lasts me til like 7am the next day. Each to their own I guess. I don't really like live music so that leaves a lot of money for spliffs.

Well nowadays a gram of quality coke is like £100, and lots of people go through several grams in a night. I don't understand either, I'd much rather put all that money towards a nice spliff.
Last edited by korinaflyingv at Dec 11, 2013,
Quote by korinaflyingv
It's not just smoking a spliff... it's a really big ****ing spliff.

Fair enough really.

Quote by MinterMan22

Herb is the tree of life, bro. Jah commands you to smoke it.
Quote by Ulalume
I had a friend who was held at gunpoint as a cashier. The robber told him to give him all the money in the register and what not. Apparently my friend then replied, "Would you like a slurpee with that?"
Quote by I.O.T.M
The limit on the number of plants and how much you can buy seem unenforceable to me.
Important part of this development to note. They'll relax the amounts eventually because of this.
Quote by captainsnazz
Yeh I Think Weed Is Bad And Once I Knew A Guy Who Smoke Too Many Weed And His Head Explode

Did he died?
^dude this one time i smoked eight pots( everyone knows there are ten pots in a marijuana, so even four is borderline crazy,) and my eye sockets,ears and nose were bleeding...that guy must have had like a whole marijuana and then some!!!
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by jwax
^dude this one time i smoked eight pots( everyone knows there are ten pots in a marijuana, so even four is borderline crazy,) and my eye sockets,ears and nose were bleeding...that guy must have had like a whole marijuana and then some!!!

lol 2 more then you would have overdosed
Quote by Extra Ordinary
lol 2 more then you would have overdosed

i know..dude i play in a stoner metal band and our bass players head exploded once at a show, the crowd loved it.Luckily, we put a half pot where his head was and it grew back after our intermission...magical drug man i swear by it
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
Quote by korinaflyingv
It's not just smoking a spliff... it's a really big ****ing spliff. Often lasts me til like 7am the next day. Each to their own I guess. I don't really like live music so that leaves a lot of money for spliffs.

Well nowadays a gram of quality coke is like £100, and lots of people go through several grams in a night. I don't understand either, I'd much rather put all that money towards a nice spliff.

I really pity you, mate.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by korinaflyingv
No need to be mean. Why?

I didn't think pity was mean.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
no way you can smoke 35 grams in one joint, you'd need like printer paper to hold that shit together

pretty much a complete waste really
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Never tried, and I wouldn't ever want to

It's like using 5 gallons of petrol to light a bonfire, when all you need is less than a cup

It might be fun, but it's a complete waste

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
all hail the 35 gram joint man
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by korinaflyingv
weed is good for you

Tell that to all of the people who died by ODing on weed or had their brains rotted from continuous use.
It would be a great fire if you had the wood.

a 35 gram joint is like finding the biggest pot you can find, filling it with like 4 or 5 boxes of cereal, filling it with milk and just digging in(which if I had the money I would totally do )

most of it's going to be wasted though, I'd rather eat cereal for the next few weeks

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Quote by darkcheef
Tell that to all of the people who died by ODing on weed or had their brains rotted from continuous use.

bullshit weed doesn't kill you, they probably mixed it with baccy or something.

Quote by Obsceneairwaves

a 35 gram joint is like finding the biggest pot you can find, filling it with like 4 or 5 boxes of cereal, filling it with milk and just digging in

how the flying **** do you eat breakfast? cereal wouldn't be so cheap if you were only supposed to eat 1 box at a time. they wouldn't even call it cereal. you talk shit but you don't even know me.
Last edited by korinaflyingv at Dec 11, 2013,
This whole country needs god
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Page 1 of 3