Hey Pit, I recently installed Sleep as Anroid on my phone.

It basically tracks your sleep cycles and wakes you accordingly.

In your opinion, are these type of apps trustworthy?

According to it, last night, I was drifting in and out of deep and light sleep cycles and there was only a tiny hint of R.E.M, which is bad. Though the awakening was definitely sweeter than normal.

Thoughts? Opinions?

EDIT: Wow, I cannot write Android today.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Last edited by Krieger91 at Dec 11, 2013,
I used a similar one for a bit
I don't trust what it says about sleeping patterns, just used it as an ordinary alarm tho
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by Ssargentslayer
How the **** does it manage that?

Maybe it works off consumer EEG. Not sure.
Quote by modus operandi
Maybe it works off consumer EEG. Not sure.

nah I think it just listens to your breathing/moving while asleep, senses movement (supposed to leave it on mattress) and extrapolates from that
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
You know what else wakes me up when I need to be woken? My alarm clock app. It even came already installed on my phone.
Oh shut up.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
I don't think I sleep very well, so I might as well see what it says.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Sorry I didn't go to work today boss, my phone said I wasn't ready to be woken.
Hmmm, no I don't think he'd like that.
My brother tried one of those apps a few years ago. It ended up waking him up 30 mins early every morning.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Last edited by sfaune92 at Dec 11, 2013,
Quote by UltimateGuizar
Sorry I didn't go to work today boss, my phone said I wasn't ready to be woken.
Hmmm, no I don't think he'd like that.

It chooses a time based on your perceived sleep pattern, 30 minutes before and up to your alarm, to wake you up.

So if your alarm is set for 7:30 it'll start checking at 7, and once it sees you're in a not-so-deep state it'll wake you up.

Or if all else fails it'll ring at 7:30.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
How exactly is it monitoring your sleeping patterns are you attaching sensors to yourself or setting up cameras or something?......
Quote by Dyn1985
How exactly is it monitoring your sleeping patterns are you attaching sensors to yourself or setting up cameras or something?......

You insert the phone in your anus and it measures the frequency of your flatulence.
The more you fart the more the phone vibrates.
The original name was Anal By Android, but they changed the name for marketing reasons.
I think.
Last edited by UltimateGuizar at Dec 11, 2013,
Quote by UltimateGuizar
You insert the phone in your anus and it measures the frequency of your flatulence.
The more you fart the more the phone vibrates.
The original name was Anal By Android, but they changed the name for marketing reasons.
I think.

Quote by Dyn1985

I think you're supposed to sleep "with" your phone. It senses how much the mattress moves.