So somone is trying to sell me a les paul custom but idk if its really a custom. Accordin to the serial number it was made in china in dec 2005. It is a wine red color but I'm not seeng any wine red customs. The headstock doesn't have the split diamond inlay which is what's making me question it. It just says les paul model in cursive the same way a standard or studio would.. the trus rod cover does say les paul custom, but it could've been chnged because he did change the pickups to a gibson burstbucker and 490r. So my question is, does this really seem like a lp custom? I would post a pic but I'm on my phone. I could post a pic later when I get home. I'm sure it is a real epi I just don't know if its a custom
I thought all the Epis had the "dove in flight" headstock. All the Gibbos have the "book laying open" headstock. I guess you learn something new everyday.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
Wow, so apparently, the MIJ is basically a gibson as far as specs go, but has the epiphone badge on it. Also, super rare as I understand.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
Quote by shounakghosh7
So my question is, does this really seem like a lp custom?

Nope.
Quote by Ippon
Nice! I need to audition one of those, if they show up.

CDM = Chinese Domestic Market - only
Quote by paruwi
CDM = Chinese Domestic Market - only

The MIJ Epis with the open book headstocks are for the JDM, too. The MIJ Epi Elitiist (for export) have the mutant headstock.

I imagine some CDMs will show up on eBay ... just need some patience.
Quote by Ippon
The MIJ Epis with the open book headstocks are for the JDM, too. The MIJ Epi Elitiist (for export) have the mutant headstock.

I imagine some CDMs will show up on eBay ... just need some patience.

this may happen - and I wonder how many of them get reported as being fakes by the 'I know it all' guys...
A custom will have bound headstock front, neck and both front and back of body binding. The inlays will start at the 1st fret and be block inlays.
Moving on.....
I bought it and will post pics later. I paid 250 for it, a hardshell case and a fender mustang 1 amp. It does have a bound fretboard and headstock but it has trapezoid inlays starting from the third fret. He changed all the pots annd bridge and pickups and literally everything to gibson parts so even if it is a standard I think it is a good deal because I can sell the amp and get 50 back and sell the case for another 50 and essentially have gotten the guitarr for 150. I think ill keep the case tho
Quote by shounakghosh7
I bought it and will post pics later. I paid 250 for it, a hardshell case and a fender mustang 1 amp. It does have a bound fretboard and headstock but it has trapezoid inlays starting from the third fret. He changed all the pots annd bridge and pickups and literally everything to gibson parts so even if it is a standard I think it is a good deal because I can sell the amp and get 50 back and sell the case for another 50 and essentially have gotten the guitarr for 150. I think ill keep the case tho

My Gibson customs all have MOP block inlays and ebony fretboards. I've never seen a Custom (Gibson *or* Epiphone) with trap inlays. You'll have to put up some photos.

I usually won't buy guitars that have had pots and bridges and pickups swapped out; there's no telling what the quality of the work might be or what's *actually* in the guitar (as opposed to what the seller *says* is in there). I'd rather do my own, and I'll usually never consider swapped-out parts an "upgrade."