Hi folks! Thought you might like this one

Here's a vid I've recently shot with it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SndcwmM-XZ4

And some proper eye candy! If you fancy, download Full-Res pictures at this link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5864881/JP7%20Koa/Jp7%20Koa%20FullRes.zip

A couple words:

I've owned a fair amount of JP7s and this one is definitely my favourite. My first one has been a BFR Walnut Burst which sounded very balanced, the feel of rosewood fretboard was amazing but it wasn't "cutting" enough for my playing style, expecially noticeable on pinch harmonics. Then I switched to a JPXI 7, incredible riff machine but way too focused sounding, leads and cleans didn't breathe enough imho.
Then I sold my JPXI for a JP12-7, which sounded HUGE with cleans and leads out of this world (I think it's the ultimate Petrucci tone), but at the expenses of less tightness in the low register.
Our other guitarist also has a JP7 PDN with mahogany body, roasted maple neck and Pau Ferro fretboard, I like it a lot but think it's a bit too "nasal", doesn't really express Petrucci's tone.

And after all these, I came to the Koa the full mahogany body coupled with Koa top and ebony fretboard retain the tightness and percussiveness I loved on my JPXI 7, but also add the "air" and musicality that I was searching for and liked on the BFR and JP12. I'd say overall it's balanced but on the warmer side, with a deep musical low end that never gets overkill.
Sustain is unparalleled and even the highest notes are so full, never harsh, hence I'm using it a lot to track solos as of late.

I've replaced the usual DiMarzio Crunch Lab & Liquifire set with ceramic Nailbomb in the bridge and VHII in the neck. I was never a fan of the stock set, dark, mushy and compressed. I find these BKPs much clearer, tighter, with tons more character/juice and less output. I feel they help the guitar retaining its "complex" character.

All in all, a fantastic instrument which rivals and surpasses many customs I've tried. Hope you liked the NGD!
Congratulations, this is the most beautiful musicman i have ever seen.
Stunning!
Gear:
PRS custom 24 (2000)
PodHD500x (cause i'm poor, upgrade soon)
Custom power amp
Homemade 2x12 (celestion V30 + G12H creamback)

HORSES BLEW FIRE (My band)
Ehrmigawd.

That does NOT disappoint! HNGD!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Idek know what to say.....

omeegarrd.

Nutting so hard right now.

=(
Just another Sheep in the design of the Almighty Machine.

-GEAR-
Gibson 60s Les Paul Tribute (Sunburst)
1999 Ibanez RG470 (TitaniumIce-MIJ)
Jackson RR3 (Trans-Red)
Peavey 6505+
Podx3
Awesome guitar and pickups, I was always intrigued by a koa top especially on a mahogany body. Seems like a good but different combination instead of the usual maple.
Gear:
Gibson Explorer
Engl Savage 120
woah

pretty epic playing there in your video as well
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Nickpocalypse
Really nice guitar! I thought all BFRs had the Ball Family Reserve inlay on the 12th fret?

They did away with the inlay,and switched to a engraved neck plate.
Pretty much one of the most beautiful guitars I've ever seen! Congrats!
Fender American Select Strat HSS Antique Burst
Fender American Select Strat HSS Transparent Crimson
Fender American Deluxe Strat
PRS Custom 24 USA
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Parker PDF100
You cannot go wrong with a MM Petrucci! HNGD! Enjoy the hell out of it!
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by Nickpocalypse
Really nice guitar! I thought all BFRs had the Ball Family Reserve inlay on the 12th fret?

From 2013 you'll only see the BFR logo on the backplate, which is kinda lame but no biggie imho
Carvin calls that color of red edging a "Sunset burst." Absolutely awesome with koa. It really pops that already reddish color. Koa's come a long way; I have several solid neck-through koa neck/body guitars. At one point, back in the mid-80s, it was actually sold as a "pretty, but cheaper" substitute for mahogany, so one of the solid koa guitars actually has a flamed maple cap! Yet another is just a plain-jane solid koa guitar (no flame anywhere) and yet another is solid koa but with a very fancy flamed/figured koa cap like yours *and* with the sunset burst to set it off. Hawaii has finally gotten around to replanting the stuff, though it's going to be another 20-30 years before we have the kind of supply we had 20-30+ years ago, when it was literally lying around and being used for tourist junk, surfboards and canoes. My dad had a solid koa longboard hanging over his sofa for years in Honolulu. It was, like Monkey Pod in the P'pines, considered a pretty, but "junk" wood.

Who makes the piezo bits on that guitar? Baggs? Graphtech?
Quote by todd.hicks.54
They did away with the inlay,and switched to a engraved neck plate.

Quote by Frak
From 2013 you'll only see the BFR logo on the backplate, which is kinda lame but no biggie imho

Oh, good to know! That guitar really is a thing of beauty, and your playing certainly does it justice! HNGD!!

Use this guitar to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Awake, and learn all the 7 string songs from it
Gorgeous JP! Congrats! Made me break out my Koa. We should start a JP BFR Koa club!

Custom guitars, vintage amps, boutique pedals. Blah, blah, blah.
The Koa-ca Nuts?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Quote by dannyalcatraz
The Koa-ca Nuts?

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
No wait...the Koa Co-Nuts!

(As in, you are both/all nuts for Koa.)

that's even better/worse (delete as applicable)
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?