I am trying to decide between the RP355 and the RP500. It seems like you can adjust your tone a lot more on the RP500. Is that true? Is the sound different between them different besides the different effects? Are the effects better on the 500?

Some people have said that the buttons on the 500 are really loud. Is it to loud to the point were it is annoying or sound like they are going to break or are they just louder than your average stopbox? I like that the 500 has a tap tempo. I like how the 500 has a stombox mode with 5 effects available.

All in all are the two very different? Is the 500 worth the extra $100 dollars? I would rather not spend the extra money but if it is worth it then I will.
A used POD will bury either of the Digitechs, honestly.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Quote by souperman08
A used POD will bury either of the Digitechs, honestly.

Big 3.1415.

Digitech has fallen way under the curve.

POD HD what ever is your budget warrants.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I use a RP500 for live work, absolutely fine for what it is. And really robust.
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
Does the RP355 even compare to the RP500. Curious because I don't want to spend the money if I don't need to
Quote by trashedlostfdup
Big 3.1415.

Digitech has fallen way under the curve.

POD HD what ever is your budget warrants.

I've seen digitech MFX for like 50. Are they really that shit? Worse or better than BOSS?