Page 1 of 2
It's my natural routine to go to bed at stupid o' clock and wake up at a reasonable hour, so.

Don't actually sit up in bed or go near one in general though, otherwise you will just think "Ah gonna close my eyes a sec" and BAM you're asleep. If I really, really need to stay up, I normally sit up in a chair with some headphones on playing guitar with a show on in the background.
will power
keeping your mind occupied
properly interval'd caffeine/energy drinks
My God, it's full of stars!
Minimise the consecutive hours you have to spend awake, either by sleeping in late the night before or taking a nap at some point.

Also caffeine.

Also remember to take breaks (if you're writing an essay or whatever)

source: two nights ago
audio and visual stimuli (bright lights, pump-up music, etc), doing a variety of things to avoid boredom, and caffeine.
Take a nap (1-1½ hr) at around 5pm

I did that today (yesterday? wtevz) and I'm still wide awake and it's now 3am. Which is annoying because I have to be up in 4 hours
Quote by raoooos
Minimise the consecutive hours you have to spend awake, either by sleeping in late the night before or taking a nap at some point.

Also caffeine.

Also remember to take breaks (if you're writing an essay or whatever)

source: two nights ago

I was planning on catching some zzzs in the afternoon, so that's good.

it's to catch a flight. I don't trust myself to get up at 6 after how much I've messed up my sleeping cycle.
I still advise purchasing cocaine, just once your face goes numb give in 3-4 hours before you do some more.
Whats goes around must come down
Speed, shit works, hence why truck drivers use it
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
Quote by digman50
Speed, shit works, hence why truck drivers use it

I see Uni life is treating you well
Quote by genghisgandhi
it's to catch a flight. I don't trust myself to get up at 6 after how much I've messed up my sleeping cycle.

nigga u dumb
don't sit down for extended periods of time
don't lay down at all
eat a whole pizza or some other greasy ass food that will take yr body a long time to digest
drink black coffee without sugar, don't wanna crash
stay occupied
if you're finding it really tough, go for a walk outside but try not to cross any roads in case you pass out or something lol
lots of water
energetic music helps sometimes

i'm a pro at this shit trust

Quote by sam b
Wait.. why do you have to stay up all night to get a flight

Just go to bed early..

I'd assume it's to do with his sleeping habits being slightly ****ed, my average bedtime has become 4 am, which is an issue considering I have exams

I had a flight at 7am, I ate a lot of bananas, watched TV with all the lights on and kept drinking ice cold water. Kept me up all night (this was before I destroyed any semblance of a reasonable sleeping pattern)

Oh yeah and I walked around outside in minus degrees for about 10 minutes which refreshed me a bit.

Thats great.

I, like a normal person go to bed a bit earlier. Sometimes I dont even do that, just go to bed at "your" normal time, when you wake up you'll feel like shit for a few minutes but you soon wake up anyway
Quote by Dreadnought
will power
keeping your mind occupied
properly interval'd caffeine/energy drinks

I'm often awake for 36 - 40 hours at a time using nothing more than the above. At least twice a week.
The "keeping your mind occupied" is key.

That and chronic insomnia.
Kinda sucks really.

If you can, take a nap in the afternoon the day before.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Dec 11, 2013,
Quote by WhiskeyFace
Stand up

Strut your funky stuff?

Your going to be sleep-deprived and fall into a pattern of negative thought, (I can't do this, why am i doing this, etc.) Try to keep the stream of consciousness positive.

If all else fails double up on adderal.
Even though you are not planning to sleep, set your alarm every few hours so in case you start dozing off you'll wake up
cat
Drugs, otherwise I have no reason to stay up all night. I'd rather get a few hours of sleep than none at all.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
The other trick is delicious adderall.

yah but nah bc of hella side effects if you take too much. post-addy depression is the worst shit i have ever experience side effect-wise.
you're a stone fox
Caffeeeeeeiiiiinnnnnnnnnne

Also, some youtube vid with many installments that came out a while ago so you can watch much/most of it without it running out before you need to be "up."
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
smoke a bunch of weed so you can fall asleep earlier, thus allowing you to wake up for your flight.

or pop some vyvance, that would be my choice for staying up all night
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
Keep your mind occupied with multiple activites. Read a book, watch a TV show, study, play video games -- switch up what you're doing in two-hour intervals.

Stay up with a friend or two to make it much easier. Add in stimulants to taste; caffeine, nicotine, adderall, whatevs you need to give you a boost.

Most importantly, have fun. All-nighters are a blast. It's the day after that ****ing blows.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by JayT44
Add in stimulants to taste; caffeine, nicotine, adderall, whatevs you need to give you a boost.

Most importantly, have fun. All-nighters are a blast. It's the day after that ****ing blows.

yep.
ayy lmao
drugs. at the very least, caffeine
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
Drink lots of ice water. I found that helped me stay up far better than energy drinks or caffeine.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Get stressed out beyond all possibility so that your mind can't possibly stop worrying trust me bro you won't be able to go to sleep if you want to.

Source:2 days before college started this was me.
if you're starting to lose focus, get up and move around, blast some music for a few minutes, do whatever it takes
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Just do shit you would normally do during the day but moving around more to keep you awake. Switching things up like playing guitar and then playing a game then more guitar etc. Also the usual caffiene infused coffee or red bull.

Or watch The Walking Dead. That usually helps with not sleeping.
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
I have tomorrow off work, and im seeing the hobbit at midnight but have to be at work the next morning at 8am. Since the hobbit is like days long im only gonna have 4 hours of sleep. My solution is gonna be to wake up tomorrow night at like 8pm, so i gotta go to bed tommorrow at like 12pm. Which means i have to stay up tonite till noon tomorrow. That or smoke a shit ton of weed tomorrow and pass out at noon.
Page 1 of 2