i am an intermediate guitar player looking for mainly lead guitar parts. i have recently learnt songs like you shook me all night long and alive by pearl jam and i am looking for songs with a similar degree of difficulty. i would like songs which have a similar sound to bands like metallica or avenged sevenfold and even anything like sleeping with sirens or bullet for my valentine i am also looking for practice techniques which will help me especially with string crossing which is my main weakness.
Top of the page is a button for Guitar Tabs... Browse at your leisure. On the UG main page there are a myriad of links for lessons, as well as at the top of the page to the right of the Guitar Tabs. If its not there its not worth knowing.
judging by the general question and wording (and your age) I have a hunch that you're not quite as "intermediate" as you think.

Anyways, I think this solo might suit you.. It will probably be a big challenge as there are a few difficult alternate picking and string skipping runs with some all around solid phrasing, but it caters to many different techniques, not to mention it's a ****ing incredible and inspirational song and Petrucci is a genius.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mpgc57EvpKg#t=2m31s

Skip to like 2mins 30seconds in. The original song is 19 minutes long so i looked for a shorter version :p
Last edited by vayne92 at Dec 12, 2013,
Quote by vayne92
judging by the general question and wording (and your age) I have a hunch that you're not quite as "intermediate" as you think.

Anyways, I think this solo might suit you.. It will probably be a big challenge as there are a few difficult alternate picking and string skipping runs with some all around solid phrasing, but it caters to many different techniques, not to mention it's a ****ing incredible and inspirational song and Petrucci is a genius.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mpgc57EvpKg#t=2m31s

Skip to like 2mins 30seconds in. The original song is 19 minutes long so i looked for a shorter version :p

I had never heard this song before until now. I love it.

I think I'll have to learn that solo.
a lot of the classic rock stuff is (probably) going to be around that level of difficulty- led zep, cream, thin lizzy, etc.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Skat3rat
I had never heard this song before until now. I love it.

I think I'll have to learn that solo.

Glad you like it. It's definitely worth checking out the entire 19minutes though. When i first got into Dream Theater like 2-3years ago i listened to this song sooooooooooooooooooo much
Quote by vayne92
Glad you like it. It's definitely worth checking out the entire 19minutes though. When i first got into Dream Theater like 2-3years ago i listened to this song sooooooooooooooooooo much

Exactly the same here
baab