Has anyone in the pit tried it? I've done some sensory deprivation stuff at home before, experiments with sleep paralysis while listening to very dense music in pitch blackness, etc. and was wondering if anyone had any experience with the float tanks. There's a place in town I'm looking to try out.
lol **** that

oh real life not good enough for you huh? damn punks.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
How do u sleep paralyze yourself, that shit usually happens when I least expect it...when I'm sleeping.
A bassist is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.

The Pit operates under a pseudo-Murphy’s Law state of mind. You can make a comment and "whatever wrong assumption that can be made about it, will be made about it."
Do you not have enough to do? I'm so busy I wouldn't have time for that.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by TheTrainToMars
After I saw Altered States I was like **** that

If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
what if you dropped acid then went into a sensory deprivation tank?

I'm curious, and I volunteer you TS, in the name of science.
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Quote by Wiegenlied

oh my god the terror
After hearing Joe Rogan talking about them on his podcast i've been wanting to try it out. Can't spare the money at the moment though and i'm also kinda claustrophobic.
I saw this for the 4th time on The Simpsons the other day.

Quite weird that you happened to mention this today.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
I want to try it sometime. The closest place that currently has one is 2 hours away and I'd have to be going there anyway. And it's pretty expensive, But I think last time I researched it there was a place in town that was going to have them next year.
Yeah I've floated 5 times, each hour long sessions. Usually would go on a friday after a weeks worth of work and found it really good! not only does it relaxe your body and really helps lose all the tension but you get the whole exploring of your mind as well haha first float took me awhile to stop thinking and sorta let go but the more you float the deeper you get. In the end though all the hallucinations you see and hear, which you definitely will experience are just because your brain is being deprived and is trying to stimulate itself sooo its good if you wanna go relax and see some cool stuff but I dont think you can really take anything spiritual away from it if thats what you're thinking, just my opinion anyway. definitely try it! I would recommend it to anyway for a variety of different things eg it feels like floating in space haha
Last edited by mattczabotar at Jan 4, 2014,
Quote by Wiegenlied

its da bomb on dxm, trust.
banned
I've done it once, there's a place uptown and I went for my birthday. I just started seeing lights flow and I lost track of time. I didn't get a full blown wake induced lucid dream or out of body experience or anything, which I was hoping for but it was still cool and worth it
Quote by Thrashtastic15
oh my god the terror

You would be totally ****ing bored and wonder why you would waste an acid trip in a tank.
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
how to do this shit at yer place:
step one: fill up yer bathtub
step two: turn on the white noise
step three: lights out
step four: put a sleeping mask thing over yer eyes
banned
Is there any sound playing? If not, then hell no.

When I read the title I was thinking of dark, anechoic and heavily-soundproofed rooms in which case the answer would have been yes (but it's really eerie) but now I realise it's something else, I have definitely never done this lol.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
I did it a few times, pretty neat, but nothing spectacular. First time was an hour silent, next time I did it with some ENo playing, music for airports. It was better with music. You do have a heightened sense of things for about 1/2 an hr after you get out.

Most units have underwater speakers where I was.

The whole point is sensory depravation though, so the music kinda defeats the purpose
Last edited by Tempoe at Jan 5, 2014,
Well, no music/background noise for me would mean I'm sitting there listening to my tinnitus for an hour… not the most fun way to spend an hour, even when you're reasonably accustomed to blanking it out, I assure you
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
I've been interested, but haven't been in one yet.
Quote by deadsmileyface
its da bomb on dxm, trust.

Oh man, that sounds amazing
Quote by Kyleisthename
You would be totally ****ing bored and wonder why you would waste an acid trip in a tank.

It would probably be horrifying. You'd get completely lost in your thoughts. The tanks can bring auditory and visual hallucinations without drugs. I'm sure it would be a pretty intense experience on a psychedelic.
RIP Gooze

cats
Sounds pretty boring really. Never liked the idea of hallucinations either, I got sleep paralysis as a child which is pretty much exactly the wrong time to get it. Try telling a kid that blob isn't a ghost.

Small amounts of mushrooms with good company is a pretty good vibe, wouldn't get to the 'tripping' point myself though, the furthest I've gone is seeing the shower curtain waving when the window was closed. Not exactly a psychonaut or anything.
Vinland, Vinland Über Alles

"Why do they still call me a warlord? And mad? All I want to do is create the perfect genetic soldier!"
Last edited by EqualOfHeaven at Jan 5, 2014,