I've got a Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/EMGs and Maple fretboard, Limited edition and was wondering if anyone has had an experience fitting a floyd rose onto a LP? how hard is it to do it yourself, or how much would it cost take have someone fit it?
I (used to) have an epiphone les paul that I also wanted a floyd rose on. After talking to the guitar tech we decided I'd be better off buying a new one with a floyd rose already on it. If I was you, I'd just get a new one and not ruin a limited edition guitar. I found a les paul shred at guitar center with a floyd rose that I love.

p.s if you've never had a floyd rose before it's a PITA to tune, change tunings, and change strings. Seriously it's really annoying to change to a different tuning. Just a heads up
Floyd rose has a new drop in replacement trem for bar tailpieces that you might want to check out.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

Quote by sytharnia1560
http://www.floydrose.com/catalog/tremolos/6:frx-series

If you are gonna repaint it and are good with woodworking then dropping a floyd into an LP isn't that big a deal...but yeah it is a lot of work

It is still a very big deal. And a bit problem is trying to find a place for the locking nut to sit level.
Quote by Explorerbuilder
It is still a very big deal. And a bit problem is trying to find a place for the locking nut to sit level.

oh totally agree, but if you have some woodworking skills its not rocket science right ...mind you the fact the OP had to ask may show it might not be a good idea for him to try it, but i'm one of those guy's who loves just doing things instead of planning it
Last edited by sytharnia1560 at Dec 13, 2013,