I just picked up an old Randall RG 80 Deluxe 1x12 combo. The problem I am having is I want to be able to run a boost for a bit more gain in front and also be able to turn it off when I switch to the clean channel. Basically, I am having to hit two buttons when I switch from gain to clean and vice versa.

There are loop pedals and midi devices out there for more modern amps, but that won't work for this application because the pedal for channel switching is not your standard 1/4" jack, it's a 6 blade plug that plugs into the back of the amp.

I have searched around and can't find a solution to what seems should be a common problem. I can't be the only one who's had this issue right? Is there a product that will allow me to physically press two foot switch buttons at once?
What you really need is bigger shoes. And put the boost pedal in line with the clean switch.

If your clean switch is a different switch to your overdrive switch, then just get used to kicking on the overdrive channel in time and hit the boost at a comfortable beat or two after, as the audience won't notice that.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
Quote by Lavatain
What you really need is bigger shoes.

Is this the new "What you really need is a new amp"

My shoe can definitely cover the distance, but the channel switch is taller and the switches are completely different so hitting them at the same time is awkward. I thought I might be able to do the tap dance and just hit them separately, but if I need to change to clean it needs to happen immediately or it won't be clean.
Quote by J_W
Is this the new "What you really need is a new amp"

My shoe can definitely cover the distance, but the channel switch is taller and the switches are completely different so hitting them at the same time is awkward. I thought I might be able to do the tap dance and just hit them separately, but if I need to change to clean it needs to happen immediately or it won't be clean.

Yeah, everyone knows bigger shows have more.. "footroom"?

Can understand that's awkward though. You could do the reverse to what I said in the previous point. Hit the boost at a logical beat or two before hitting the clean channel switch when you need it. The important part is obviously the differentiation between clean and overdrive, that's what the audience will hear. If there's a beat or two in the overdriven sound that isn't as overdriven as it needs to be, they won't notice so you can make do with a beat or two without the boost being on to be comfortable.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
True, I could definitely get by as is and until I find an answer that's what I will have to do.

I will be buiding something that makes this work though, I can't be too hard to rig something to hit both buttons at once. I'm surprised a product like this doesn't seem to exist already.
Most people who need several pedals to be changed and at the same time with their amp channels will use MIDI controllable amps and set up a MIDI loop board. That's the best solution, but only really if you have the MIDI amp to do it.
I would go that route if it wasn't for this old foot switch, why couldn't randall use 1/4 jacks like everyone else?
The newer versions use the 1/4" jack, it's you that's outdated
That's the price I'm willing to pay to have one of the best SS amps ever made.
Quote by J_W

I will be buiding something that makes this work though, I can't be too hard to rig something to hit both buttons at once. I'm surprised a product like this doesn't seem to exist already.

The obvious solution is a MIDI footboard and an adapter for the odd connector. The obvious reason a product like this doesn't seem to exist already is that the number of people who will have the same need is tiny.

While I can understand your wish to maintain your specific amp, this is one of the reasons I've gone wholesale to a modeling system, where a whole raft of amp/cab/FX can be changed in a single stomp. Worth noting that the Pod HD500 and the FBV Express and Shortboards that work with the Pod HD and Pod HD PRO units are also Midi capable. You can change the modeler gizmos *and* the amp you own (adapted, of course) with a single stomp.