I'm looking for an upgrade. I have a B.C. Rich Avenge SOB. I'm planning on replacing the stock Pickup with an EMG 81. However I don't have the time to do that right now. I'm saving up to by a new Guitar altogether.

Choices

Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR

Or

B.C. Rich WMD SOB

I'm familiar with the body style of the SOB and I enjoy the action and the scale of the neck. I've also seen very good things about Schecter GR. Which would you choose?
It's easy to say "I like the look of that guitar and I like that about this guitar" but nothing beats actually going to a store and trying them out. If the sales rep who serves you is a real guitarist then they will understand you trying out 2 or 3 or maybe even 4/5 guitars before you decide on one. See if your local guitar store has both in stock and go try them out. If they dont have them in stock see if they have something similar, bearing in mind aswell you said you like the action and scale of the neck on the Schecter; You can always change the action and as for the scale yu'll just need to find a guitar with the same scale
Quote by Xpl0r
It's easy to say "I like the look of that guitar and I like that about this guitar" but nothing beats actually going to a store and trying them out. If the sales rep who serves you is a real guitarist then they will understand you trying out 2 or 3 or maybe even 4/5 guitars before you decide on one. See if your local guitar store has both in stock and go try them out. If they dont have them in stock see if they have something similar, bearing in mind aswell you said you like the action and scale of the neck on the Schecter; You can always change the action and as for the scale yu'll just need to find a guitar with the same scale

As much as I'd love to, none of the local stores carry B.C. Rich or Schecter. It's all Ibanez and Fender. Guitar Center DID carry both but it was taken down a few years ago.

I'll just stick with my Avenge for now.