I've been playing guitar for almost 7 years, and in the last 3 i've spent my time learning nothing but fingerstyle acoustic like andy mckee, antoine dufour, don ross etc etc.
I've started learning hard songs, and writing a few of my own and i want to start recording myself to put on youtube.

just wondered if anyone could suggest suitable webcam and audio equipment to help me get a good quality mix/video as fingerstyle needs to be enjoyed visually aswell as musically
There's no such thing as a suitable webcam in this situation.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by ChemicalFire
There's no such thing as a suitable webcam in this situation.

he meant so he could also add video to the audio
ayy lmao
Still nope. The visual bandwidth on a webcam isn't really high enough to pick up fast and small movements like playing a guitar. It's not designed for it and will look bad. You just need any point and shoot digital camera that has a video feature.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
If you have a smartphone or a tablet, I'd consider just using the cameras on those. You can add in the audio later.
Quote by Neopowell the PUSO
Girls, stuck for a present? Get your man a remote control helicopter. Guys fucking love remote control helicopters.

Mah gear

Ibanez RG350mdx w/ SD TB-6
Ibanez RG7321 <3
Vyper 15
Ashdown EB 12-180 EVO II Combo

7>6!
^That is indeed preferable.

Recording on a phone or tablet (or digital camera) with a guitar di'd through an interface and then synced up after is what most good recordings tend to do.

Quote by DisarmGoliath