Page 1 of 2
Doesn't surprise me. They don't seem to have a clue whether to continue on or not.
Well, shit.
Wonder if it was anything to do with the new album writing process.
They'll have to get someone in pretty quick to record the rest of the stuff, or delay it even more which won't help their publicity.
Not a huge fan but it's a shame, this guy was a major part in their sound
I always thought that the little girl from the Ring would go on to do great things. Her time is now!
Ladies and Gentlemen we can all hope this is the end of Slipknot. I happen to like the first two major releases plus the MFKR album. But they got lame after/during Iowa. They can't all be GWAR!
Quote by genghisgandhi
I love how the opinion on their debut is changing. it's actually getting respect now.

Don't know why, everything Slipknot has put out has been laughable bollocks
Quote by genghisgandhi
I love how the opinion on their debut is changing. it's actually getting respect now.

i said it was okay, not good
Thoughts?

Joey Sucks.

Glad that idiot is gone, get someone who can play rudiments properly and actually knows how to add dynamics to their drumming like Marco Minnemann
Quote by Drapte
Thoughts?

Joey Sucks.

Glad that idiot is gone, get someone who can play rudiments properly and actually knows how to add dynamics to their drumming like Marco Minnemann

You say that like Slipknot would actually benefit from having a competent drummer.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
If by debut you mean their real first album Mate.Feed.Kill.Repeat, then yeah that album's ****ing awesome. Everything after the line-up change and signing to Roadrunner was pretty terrible though imo, including their first major label album.

M.F.K.R. was basically a different Slipknot, the only members that went on to Rrunner Slipknot were Paul Gray, Joey Jordison and Clown. It basically sounds like Sepultura in a dirty knife fight with Mr Bungle, a far cry from the pantomime pop-Metal they went on to make. It's really a shame they didn't carry on with the same line up making more albums like M.F.K.R., the rhythm section was amazing, you could actually hear Paul Gray's bass, not to mention it had some insane riffs, worth listening to if only to hear the band that could have been.
Vinland, Vinland Über Alles

"Why do they still call me a warlord? And mad? All I want to do is create the perfect genetic soldier!"
12 year olds everywhere are sad
I saw slipknot live with both joey and the bassist, it was a small arena show, maybe 1-2 thousand people MAX felt like less.

They seemed really cool. Idk what joey will do, all he's got is heroin and being the murderdolls if they're still a band.
omgg not slipenote </33 i alweys remember dis bande frum my child hood (i am 15 now an thoes days r long gon : ((( )
wow my bitch mum wud alweys shout at me 2 turn that satan shit dwn an i was just liek MUM U DNT UNDERSTAND ME :'( I PUHS MY FIENGERS IN2 MY EYS

hmu if ur 15 an stil lisen 2 rele musik
I dont even like new slipknot but of course, UG would think Joey is a bad drummer. My god you guys hate on everything
pinga
Shush you guys, Slipknot's great. This news sucks, but we can speculate Joey's moving on with his other obligations while the rest of Slipknot are still on the fence about recording.
We're all alright!
Quote by Mathedes
Shush you guys, Slipknot's great. This news sucks, but we can speculate Joey's moving on with his other obligations while the rest of Slipknot are still on the fence about recording.

At this rate, they're delaying the inevitable.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by Cb4rabid
I dont even like new slipknot but of course, UG would think Joey is a bad drummer. My god you guys hate on everything

he's not a bad drummer, but it's also wrong to say that he is the best drummer. many youngsters think he is the best drummer.
It's only naievete of young kids who are just venturing out. Typically metal or fast drumming = good drumming to them.
We're all alright!
I never said he was the best drummer ever but to say that he's bad is just as naive as saying he's the best.
pinga
Quote by genghisgandhi
I feel the same way about John Lennon's solo career.

Jealous Guy was good. But the rest is pretty gay.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by captainsnazz
omgg not slipenote </33 i alweys remember dis bande frum my child hood (i am 15 now an thoes days r long gon : ((( )
wow my bitch mum wud alweys shout at me 2 turn that satan shit dwn an i was just liek MUM U DNT UNDERSTAND ME :'( I PUHS MY FIENGERS IN2 MY EYS

hmu if ur 15 an stil lisen 2 rele musik

I laughed a little bit too hard at that. But yeah idk how I feel I mean I still like Slipknot even though I hardly listen to them any more. Although I do feel that they've been going generally downhill since their self titled.
Quote by delayelayelay
he's not a bad drummer, but it's also wrong to say that he is the best drummer. many youngsters think he is the best drummer.

It's just a case of people hate on him because young music fans overrate the hell out of him, same thing with the guys from A7X. They don't suck, they just aren't as good as the fanboys make out.
Band = shit

Got em
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Cb4rabid

Everything shit.

I'm listening to Oasis right now so I can't really talk shit though. #selfburn
I put my fingers into my ears

#boty
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Random3
It's just a case of people hate on him because young music fans overrate the hell out of him, same thing with the guys from A7X. They don't suck, they just aren't as good as the fanboys make out.

Yeah, but he is actually a good drummer. Certainly better than the other 2 drummers they have.

Edit:
In any case, I wouldn't give 2 shits if Slipknot broke up.
Quote by Random3

It's not that they suck, it's just that everyone and their grandma is better. Check out the average tech death, power metal, deathcore, jazz, progressive rock, bluegrass, jazz fusion, etc musician and any of them could play circles around these guys.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
It's not that they suck, it's just that everyone and their grandma is better. Check out the average tech death, power metal, deathcore, jazz, progressive rock, bluegrass, jazz fusion, etc musician and any of them could play circles around these guys.

yeah most of the genres you named could play circles around them, well tahts because they dont play that style? And they must have sucked enough to sell 20 million albums worldwide. Yep
Whats goes around must come down
Quote by ichiefG13
yeah most of the genres you named could play circles around them, well tahts because they dont play that style? And they must have sucked enough to sell 20 million albums worldwide. Yep

The only way that what you said could have came across any more 12 year old would have been if I could smell the Lunchables on your breath as you squeaked it out loud.
Quote by ichiefG13

They don't suck, they are just overrated to hell by fanboys which makes non-fans exaggerate their opinion conversely.

Like Titanic. Titanic was insanely popular when it came out, then people started hating on it because of how popular and successful it was, and now all of a sudden it's the worst movie ever. I don't care what you think of the film, saying it is the worst movie ever made is just absurd.

Same goes for popular bands. And part of it with A7X and Slipknot I think has to do with the fans themselves. They aren't the worst bands in the world but they certainly aren't the best either.
Sucks man. Joey isn't the best drummer but he's definitely my favorite, he's integral to their sound and it won't be the same.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Page 1 of 2