I'm new subscribe in this site (that I visit often) and I need help of any guitarist..
I'm a keyboard musicians but never had once lessons in my life....
I found a new stuff to learn but I need an advice to code it.. please help me!!!

I'd really thanks who will write the notes for me!!!

(the song is "The Golden Age Of Grotesque Marilyn Manson" )
Do you mean you don't know how to read tablature?

I think you might mean you want to transcribe to piano/keyboard notation?

If so...then I'll just list the notes for you...

C, E, G, C, (e+G), E, e, C, C, G, E, C, B, E, G, B, G, E, e, B, E, e, B, G.

On the tablature picture you supplied, The notes on the top string are highest, and the notes on the bottom string are the lowest.

The numbers mean which fret is being played on that string ie: Playing a '0' on the bottom string would be the low E (Assuming standard tuning), Playing a '4' on the top string would be a G#

I think that answers your question...
As the title thanx..
But I'm able to read tab so I know the riff C, E, G, C, (e+G), E, e, C, C, G, E, C, B, E, G, B, G, E, e, B, E, e, B, G.

The problem is that there's some in common beetwen the tab under and the chords in the top...
If you listen the song (no offence, peace) you'll see that is soo different the original riff and the tab..

PLEASE HELP!!!
I'm not a very musician.. more less of guitars..
The issue is, the chords above the tab, are being played at the 5th & 7th frets, respectively. The tab fingering is shown at the open position

That means were you to apply a capo @ the 5th fret a G open "shape" would become a C major chord, and the F# minor barre chord @ the second would in fact be Bm with a barre @ the 7th fret.

There is some dumb shit going on in the tab, because the actual chords it's showing are C major, and E minor(!). so where they injected B minor into the mix, is beyond me.

While it's true that Em open, is the same "shape" as B minor @ the 7th fret, they neglect to mention that the "grande barre" (all six strings fretted with the index finger), has to be applied to arrive at B minor.

Were you to simply apply a capo at the 5th fret, the fingering & picking pattern they're showing, would amount to, F major to A minor.......

The chord pattern they're showing for C major at the 5th fret, is actually a G major chord in the open position. Hence, is unrelated to the C major chord picking open.

So I'm not exactly sure that is the right lesson source for a beginner, as you have to understand a lot about the fretboard, before you can interpret what they're saying. The reasoning of which is a bit muddled in the first place! (At least IMHO)

I hope that's understandable, and it helps.
Last edited by Captaincranky at Dec 13, 2013,
I just did quick listen to the song and it is standard C and Em arpeggios as tabbed (or close to it).

The chords on the top not sure what it's supposed to mean, is it later in the song maybe? It should be ignored completely for this part. Is this some tab app for mobile devices?
G shape barre chords aren't used much in heavy music and neither are capos
Quote by fanapathy
I just did quick listen to the song and it is standard C and Em arpeggios as tabbed (or close to it).

The chords on the top not sure what it's supposed to mean, is it later in the song maybe? It should be ignored completely for this part. Is this some tab app for mobile devices?
G shape barre chords aren't used much in heavy music and neither are capos
And yet, what is shows, amounts to a folk style open arpeggio, from C major to E minor...

Are you saying a root 6th barre chord shape isn't used in heavy metal? That may be because they're basically too lazy to commit to a major or minor chord, and play "G5" or similar power chords instead, which lack a 3rd.

I'd offer up the concept that an "X5" chord isn't a chord at all, but that's a whole 'nuther argument, and not winnable at best...

I am on board with a capo not being used much, if at all.

And forgive me for saying this, but I'm sooo glad I missed the song this thread is about. I'm really old, and got off the, "scary makeup train", after the "Alice Cooper Station"...
Last edited by Captaincranky at Dec 13, 2013,
^Hehe

Well yes it's gonna be really rare to find such chords in metal. Often times high gain and full chords sound like a mess, so they do the X5s and program the rest on synth (if at all) or use extra tracks. Most of them do play major/minor triads in certain places though. Complete barre chords throughout, not so much
Quote by fanapathy
^Hehe

Well yes it's gonna be really rare to find such chords in metal. Often times high gain and full chords sound like a mess, so they do the X5s and program the rest on synth (if at all) or use extra tracks. Most of them do play major/minor triads in certain places though. Complete barre chords throughout, not so much
Closing in on 5 decades ago, my guitar instructor told me, "when you're strumming, just hit the bottom 4 strings". It may not be quite that simple, but the bottom 3 strings on the root 6 shape, and the bottom 4 strings on a root 5 shape are power chords anyway....
Thanx for the multiple answwers..
I'm italian so I barely understand the english.. not at all the music terms...
If anyone has understand the "code" (sorry) pls could he write the 24+ notes?
I really appreciate any of your comments but I don't have Knowledge of music.