I am new to this forum and new to playing a guitar. A couple of questions I have. I ordered a Travelers guitar EG-1 Custom is this a good choices for a first guitar? What do you look for in a electric blues guitar? What style? I also travel a lot that's why I needed to purchase something portable. But if I was looking for a blues guitar and your budget was around 2,000 what would you suggest? Thanks for your response.
It'd probably be better to get a mod to move this to the electric guitar forum, you might get more (not necessarily better ) answers.

I'm not too well up on traveller guitars, so i can't help with that- as you said, if portability is the main concern you might have to compromise to get something which is portable, even if it's not quite as a nice a guitar.

For blues it depends on what type of blues you mean- british blues/blues rock like clapton in the 60s is mainly gibsons with humbuckers (with marshall style amps) but more american blues like e.g. srv is normally a strat into a more fendery amp. tube amps, generally.

Obviously there are far more types of blues than that, but that's a (very basic) start.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?