Ok everyone. Basically, youtube is turning to shit. Google's ruining it.

theres..
-The forced google+ account thing, which makes youtube hard to comment on and also it makes you use a realistic name. (Google+ really demands that you put a name name, trust me i tried). and if you want to have an alias you have to find the function for it within the youtube settings which is now confusing as hell. Seems like they don't want you finding it.

-The comments now require a google+ account. Even that one dude that helped make youtube thinks this is bullshit.

-The content ID system thing they recently introduced
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQfHdasuWtI)

-Not to mention that to even watch a video the whole way through without it changing quality automatically you need to fix the settings first or have a browser extension installed.

The problem is that despite Youtube's many failings ever since, they still nearly have a monopoly on internet videos. No other website comes close to it.

I think what we need is a new video site. Something that won't sell to google. And something big enough that everyone makes the change over. Like facebook was to myspace. So like on the off chance anyone here can code well and wants to be a millionaire, here's the opportunity. Otherwise, is there a way to fix youtube? Like really? Or maybe some internet dudes can do some hacking or something and make google into their bitch? Does anyone like agree with me at all even? Idk I just felt like I needed to talk about this somewhere.

tl;dr **** google. youtube sucking. such problem. needed vent. wow.
i hear vimeo also has some overly strict content rules. also, most the good content creators are still using youtube
Quote by Cheesepuff
(Google+ really demands that you put a name name, trust me i tried).

Richard Nixon, Ronald Reagan, Mike Hunt...

All 'name names' just not YOUR 'name name'.

Lrn2imagination.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
the upside of the google+ thing is that maybe now there will be less shitheaded comments. but there's also the downside of that which is that it might be less fun.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
like they need a first and last name and it has to be real names. I cant ****ing have panda mcswagger as a name google just called me out on it.

Also, the less shithead comments? Ok, the comment targeting system makes it so that the more famous people and the more friends close to you on google+ will more likely have their comments seen by you. The problem with this is that it is impossible to be heard outside your circles unless you are already well known. Instead of having everyone have their little say and be equally heard, googles decided that only people close to you and people who are already very well known will be heard at all.
As much as I like Google as a search engine, they suck at everything else. I mean, they literally must be so bored at their offices that all they can do is fix unbroken things and design another logo for some random dead guy's birthday.
The commenting features do indeed suck but having the ability to post links is pretty god damn dangerous. Loads of channels disabled comments due to virus links being posted. What ****tard thought that was a good idea? This is YouTube, not a calm tranquil land. They apparently did it to try and prevent trolls but it was pretty clear that it does no such thing.

I don't mind change but they went about this in the most stupidest way possible.
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
i didn't use a real name, the first name is technically a real name though .-. maybe watch a few earlier simpsons episodes and lift a name off of there ._.
Quote by LuckyBoys91
+ ****ing 1

i've got a point

Quote by Pr0gNut
No,they're to high end for me.I usually just walk into a random building and scream "FIX MY BANJO NOW!!!!" until they hit me with sticks and call the police.

TSHM.
Quote by Thrill-house
For anyone who just wants to watch a damn video without ads, comments and other bullshit, you're welcome

unjoining, I like the comments... some of them make me laugh and without them there wouldn't be these-

Youtube does suck now, I haven't used it (as far as posting a comment, or posting a video) in probably six months. I used to use all the time.
"Pain or damage don't end the world nor despair, nor fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you have more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
the upside of the google+ thing is that maybe now there will be less shitheaded comments. but there's also the downside of that which is that it might be less fun.

yeah comments have definitely improved
ggg1 ggg3

TS is mad he can't shitpost racist bullshit on youtube anymore.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by TheTrainToMars
As much as I like Google as a search engine, they suck at everything else. I mean, they literally must be so bored at their offices that all they can do is fix unbroken things and design another logo for some random dead guy's birthday.

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Cry more, TS. Cry more.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Wah the free video hosting site I use is doing things I don't like wahhh. No one is forcing you to use it. Switch to another site if you're so angry.
Even with the google plus thing, it's quite easy to use a bogus name.

First Name: Juggling Last Name: Freak.

Easy as that..
Quote by Wormholes
Wah the free video hosting site I use is doing things I don't like wahhh. No one is forcing you to use it. Switch to another site if you're so angry.

It's not "free", access to the content is paid by the use of your information. Information is everything now, youtube isn't a charity.

Youtube is a service, and I think that voicing criticism of services when appropriate is just fine. Whining is obnoxious, but there's legitimate criticism of these sites to be had.