Alright, so the situation is that I already own an Eleven Rack, and it pretty much stays in the rack in my studio. When I play out, it's always a bit of a hastle to completely uncable it from my rack and patchbay, so I considered getting a second one to have strictly for live use. The amp models sound fantastic, however one thing I was always a bit disappointed in were the effects built into the unit, so I have considered getting a POD X3 pro instead of the Eleven for strictly live use. I know that the amp modeling on the pod will be lesser than the 11, but I've heard the effects are much better, and I'm hoping that the amp models will be good enough for live use through a PA. Just hoping you guys could offer some opinions!
nothing special about line 6 effects as far as i'm concerned, sorry. tried one yet?
:: Peavey JSX | XXX ::
:: LTD V | Viper | AX [EMG85] ::
:: Vader 2x12 | Krankenstein 4x12 ::
:: G50 | DecimatorG-String | 95Q ::
:: Polytune | Ditto | CarbonCopy ::
Not to pick between those two persay but why the X3 and not the Pod HD Pro?
Current Gear
-----------------
Washburn WI66 Pro //
Ibanez Prestige SA1260 //
Schecter C1 Blackjack //
Fernandes Ravelle Elite //
Wahburn HB35 Semi-Hollowbody
Blackstar HT40
Neither. Get an Axefx . Im not being an asshole either, you can get a used Ultra for fairly cheap if you save up a bit. Neither Line 6 nor the Eleven Rack can even hold a torch to the Axe.
What gives me wood:

Gibson Les Paul Custom
Ibanez S5470F
Ibanez RGD2127fx
Schecter Hellraiser C-7 FR
Axe FX II
Mackie HD1221
Hi. I believe the POD Farm is the software version of the previous gen POD stuff.
I personally was disappointed in the amp models. You can get a nice tone, sure, but when I had someone a LOT better at my disposal, I honestly don't ever touch POD Farm.

I don't know. Some people love it, but like I said, comparing it to other stuff kinda ruins it. The HD PODs sound amazing though, but those can be pretty pricey.

Quote by shredder3386
Neither. Get an Axefx . Im not being an asshole either, you can get a used Ultra for fairly cheap if you save up a bit. Neither Line 6 nor the Eleven Rack can even hold a torch to the Axe.

AxeFX 2 or AxeFX 1? I heard AxeFX 2 is amazing.
Obviously it blows the POD X3 out of the water, but I think the HD stands pretty good.
Last edited by Clay-man at Dec 13, 2013,
The reason I'm asking about the X3 not the HD is because I would be able to get the X3 MUCH cheaper, and I wouldn't want to shell out for the HD when I already have an 11R. I would like to reiterate that I'm NOT using the X3 at all for recording, just live. As far as the AxeFX goes, its effects sound absolutely fantastic but as far as just the amp modeling goes, I tried both the AxeFX Ultra and the 11R when I got them and actually preferred the 11R JUST modeling with no effects at all. *flame shield engaged*
If effects are your concern then you should absolutely be looking at the POD HD. The sheer amount of M-class effects available is astounding.

I own an M9 if you have any questions about the FX.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Lots of people prefer the 11R to the Axe FX, or the Kemper to the 11R or whatever.

The truth is that all 3 of the big modelling amps sound fantastic.
I've always heard that the 11R sucks for metal stuff.

And it only works with Pro Tools right, no other DAWs?

I'd say for those reasons it doesn't deserve any praise.

And come one now. The Kemper EATS any other DSP out right now as far as amp modeling goes. The Axe FX II being an acceptable second because of how many FX it packs in. It's great for a "do it all" package.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X