Didnt think this would fit any other topics so I thought I'd post here, its more populated anyway.
Over a year ago, I went to a trade school, and came home about 4 months ago now. Since I started that school, I slowly stopped playing guitar. Then just stopped altogether. I've really lost all the passion and enthusiasm for playing guitar anymore. I want to play again, and I used to be proud that I could play, even if it was just a few easy songs.
When I started playing guitar about 3 years ago, I was in a really bad place and actually playing guitar kinda got me out of that pit. Nowadays though it seems like im too depressed to actually play anymore. I want to play, but when i try to play now not only have I forgot everything I used to know, but I just dont feel it anymore at all.
fkin sucks...
"A guitar is your personality expressed through six strings"

"I'm cuddly bitch, deal with it"
I'm the same way right now. But not too concerned because I know I'll start playing again in time. As long as I'm doing something productive in my day I'm satisfied.
Depression makes for great songs. Pick up the guitar, and literally bleed your fingers onto the strings. The blood will then adhere the strings to the fingerboard, forming a chord (usually of a Dm variation). That will be a base for your next hit single. Congratulations my friend, you are on your way to being a rock star!
I understand this is the pit, but when I used to frequent here there was a lot more...cooler people who wouldve actually understood this.
UG wasnt populated by complete jerks while I was gone was it?

Quote by Iblis92

It has always been populated by assholes, this is the internet.
Quote by Iblis92
I understand this is the pit, but when I used to frequent here there was a lot more...cooler people who wouldve actually understood this.

If UG is too heavy for you man, I'd recommend 4chan. They'll welcome you with open arms.
Quote by Iblis92

lol.

if you don't want to play, you're not going to. Get a new piece of equipment. Hell, changing strings might even renew your interest.

it's all up to you though. Can't expect someone to just magically make you want to play again
ayy lmao
Quote by Redsectoreh
It has always been populated by assholes, this is the internet.

ah well, guess thats true.

Well you said you started playing cous you were in a "bad place" and it helped you. If you're depressed, i'd consider that a bad place...time to play again and put your emotion into playing. I know that if you put a little effort in, you'll remember the songs you used to know because your fingers will remember. It's possible you're sick of those songs, so write or learn some new ones!
Last edited by burnsz82 at Dec 13, 2013,
Quote by K'Nuckles
First time I saw you, I thought you'd be some proper thrash head.

I liked metal when I was a teenager, but it was always unrelated to my hair.

I've wanted long hair for as long as I remember. I have a really strong memory of wanting to be like goku as a small child for srs.
I went through a time where I wasn't playing as much as I wanted. I put my acoustic guitar stand right beside my couch where I always sit. It helped because I could just reach over and get it and I wound up playing more and more. Try to find some new music and look at tabs, that always makes me want to play.

Get back in there!
Uncle aciD

&

The deadbeatS

Do What Your Love Tells You
Quote by captainsnazz
I liked metal when I was a teenager, but it was always unrelated to my hair.

I've wanted long hair for as long as I remember. I have a really strong memory of wanting to be like goku as a small child for srs.

I'm growing my hair back out. You've got the proper 80's Hetfield mane.
Quote by sam b
That's fucking fantastic. You should blog it to people who care.

Obviously you care enough to post...
Quote by captainsnazz

You better hurry, the Saiyans are gonna be back in like 6 episodes
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by eGraham
You better hurry, the Saiyans are gonna be back in like 6 episodes

Next on DBZ... Goku tries to train and dies...
Quote by KingDime666
It's dubstep minor in E.

Quote by steve_muse
I bet I'm gunna love Revolt #plottwist
Quote by soundgarden1986
Is your screen name a sonic 06 reference

GameGrumps
Quote by KingDime666
It's dubstep minor in E.

Quote by steve_muse
I bet I'm gunna love Revolt #plottwist
well that sucks

maybe you can

i don't know

pick it up again? problem solved? **** dude, not hard. I'm depressed too, don't see me crying about it on an interweb forum

nah jk, sorry to hear about your plight mate
banned
I used to lack motivation for guitar playing back in the days when I was a depressive little shit

Maybe just picking it up and having a little jam might be enough to play more. Or else work out what you really what to play on guitar (technique or song or whatever), learn it and then you should want to play again. That's how it was with me anyway.
I have nothing important to say

The blessing count is... ding, ding, ding: 1
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

TS I've been through the same thing, currently I play guitar for like 30 minutes to 45 minutes every other month or more. Lately I just been into other forms of music like rap and just been busy with other things. I used to love playing the hell out of my guitar and etc. I know I will never stop playing it but the way I think of it is that "Hey! I got all these effects and guitars...why not let my offspring play them when they are older and wanna dabble in that sh*t"
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
just dont worry about, not like its something you have to be doing. depression is a tricky thing.

i find going to a good gig often makes me want to play again, but maybe you should just have a break and do something else for a bit. when you are feeling better try again
now extra flamey
Thanks for the input guys, it helps. Maybe I should try to reignite the passion and if it doesnt work, maybe i just need more time to feel it again.

Quote by soundgarden1986
Is your screen name a sonic 06 reference

Yes and no, I found out about the name from Sonic 06, but I looked into it as well. Iblis was basically the Muslim equivalent of Christianities Satan. but is regarding in a different way strangely enough.