I'm searching for a tube amp and I have come across the Vox NT15H
I'm using an Epiphone Les Paul and the mainly play rock and occasionally metal
It will mainly be used at home for practice and maybe a bit of recording

Is this amp a good buy? anybody hear anything bad about it?

Will it accept effects pedals such as overdrive and reverb well? ( i hope to but more pedals and build up in the future?

Do I need an effects loop?

Are there any better alternatives at this price of around £300 ? ( around $480)
No idea about the amp. Never heard of it, but if you're doing just bedroom stuff, there are far cheaper options if you don't mind dropping down to a combo. I use a Marshall AVT50 (50 watt combo with an effects loop, since you mentioned that), which I picked up used for about $200, and I have to keep the volume at like 3 in my bedroom. Putting it at 7 will fill up a decent sized reception hall with my tasty licks.

As far as effects go, it should take them well. Most decent amps take effects pretty well, but read/watch some reviews. That's usually something they'll mention.

An effects loop is where you put reverb, delay, and other modulation effects (vibrato, flanger, chorus, tremolo, etc). If you're planning on getting a full effects board running in the future, an effects loop would be a good thing to have, although it's not entirely required. Many guitar players don't use them at all. I like mine, but my best friend, who runs nearly the exact same setup give or take a few pedals, hates it.
what type of tone(s) are you after? EDIT: what exactly do you mean by "rock" and "metal"? and how much of each do you play?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The Night Train is a great little amp but it isn't a metal amp. With a boost in front though, you'll get something good enough for dicking around with at home.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
The Night Train is a decent amp if not a lil overpriced. The 112 is kinda thin sounding, they sound better with a different cab. All my opinion of course. I dont think it would do modern metal at all. I could be wrong, I don't play metal often, but if I did the night train would be one of the last amps I'd want.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Quote by Cathbard
The Night Train is a great little amp but it isn't a metal amp. With a boost in front though, you'll get something good enough for dicking around with at home.

if he plays a lot of metal he can get a jet city for his budget (new)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
Good call.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc

Or a used Jet City + better cab
[404]Signature not found
I could be wrong, but the new jet cities here are already at good enough prices that you might not save all that much by going used (and if you buy from e.g. thomann you get a 3 year warranty).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
http://www.thomann.de/gb/peavey_vypyr_vip_2.htm

The new Vypyrs are pretty nice and this one is in your budget. It's not a tube amp but it can do all kinds of music. The models aren't bad at all and it sims other instruments which coupled with the USB capability would be cool for recording at home. I know you said tube but it sounds like having a headphone jack and an easy way to record might be good for you also. Not that you can't do that with certain tube amp setups, but something else to consider. The downside as I see it is you would have to go for the Sanpera pedal if you want to control those built-in fx while playing.

Happy hunting!
Die troll

Dean VMNTX (EMG set)
Peavey 6505+ 112
+ a buncha teh pedlulz
^ that's no cheaper than a jet city...

now it depends on what he wants and needs- if he needs versatility (and low volume capability) as the #1 priority, then it may well be the better option.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
loop - thats up to you, your effects, and how you run your rig. personally, i need a loop.

yes, night trains accept pedals VERY well.

night trains are not a metal amp. i would recommend some type of gain pedal, if not a quality distortion pedal.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
I'll offer up a slightly more expensive option (so look used to come in on budget) and suggest a Laney IRT.
Perfect for home use. The cleans, crunch and high gain toanz are awesome. If you get the studio version you'll also get USB, re-amping, an fx loop, reverb and three switchable channels with 2 eqs.