Hi there,

I got my first multi-effect processor ZOOM G3X yesterday, so I was trying to find a guitar patch that the sound would be any similar to AC/DC.. No luck on the Internet so far, and as I have equally 0 experience with any kind of guitar effects I haven't been able to build such patch myself... Could anyone help me out here? Do you have a patch or at least have any idea where to start?

Rugilena
Start with a Marshall sim, probably MSCrunch and whatever tubescreamer sim it has then EQ it. Go easy on the bass.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Mscrunch and z mp1 are where I'd start. Or just the zmp1 if its too noisy.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
I tried MSCrunch + T Scream + EQ + Noise reduction. This is the closest I got: (very sorry for my lousy playing)
https://soundcloud.com/rugilena/ac-dc-effect-test

Don't know how to make it better.. Here are the settings:
MSCrunch
Gain 67
Tube 79
Level 120
Trebble 60
Middle 50
Bass 80

T Scream
Gain 80
Tone 85
Level 99

EQ
160Hz 2
400Hz 2
800Hz 2
3.2kHz 5
6.4kHz 5
12kHz 5
Level 70

ZNR
Threshold 14
Level 100
GtrIn

Any ideas?
Last edited by Rugilena at Dec 14, 2013,
Can't hear the track. Anyway..

Since your mids are a little rolled back, i assume you are looking for a rhythmic (malcom?) tone.. significantly lower your gain and use the tubescreamer as a booster -> gain at minimum and volume at maximum. The gain you have now would probably make it sound too muddy.

If you are looking for angus, increase the mids, but lower the gain anyway.

Can't say more without the track!
Clip doesn't work but at a glance, too much gain, especially the tubescreamer. ACDC don't use very much distortion really, neither of them.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Clip doesn't work but at a glance, too much gain, especially the tubescreamer. ACDC don't use very much distortion really, neither of them.

But for the most part, Angus has more than Malcolm.
Quote by dspellman
But for the most part, Angus has more than Malcolm.
Absolutely.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Sorry for the previous clip.. Recorded it once again, with some settings changes. Should work this time:

https://soundcloud.com/rugilena/ac-dc-effect-test-1

Now MSCrunch
Gain 22
Tube 17
Level 100
Trebble 60 Middle 70 Bass 70

TScream
Gain 5
Tone 14
Level 150

EQ
All 2's
Level 91

ZNR
Threshold 10
Level 100
GtrIn

One again, sorry for my lousy playing..
For back in black you can raise a little bit the amp gain.. now it would be almost ok for tnt i guess. Consider also that dynamics count on the distortion, i.e. picking "stronger" makes your sound more distorted.

Still, does the ts booster make any difference on the overall sound other than the volume increase? because if it doesn't, you might as well turn it off and just work on the amp.

Other thoughts.. try turning off the noise reduction and see if it "cuts" your playing.

And tune your guitar before recording!