I'm not a beginner by any means. I was wondering if Rocksmith 2014 is worth playing and learning songs in a new way for fun. I wanted to know how faithful the songs are to the originals if any experienced player has tried or would recommend it. Thanks
I wonder this as well and about the general standard for Rocksmith 1 too. I like such rhythm games a lot, especially if they're a bit more useful than guitar hero, but don't wanna get them if they're just OK or have lots of wrong/missed notes
Quote by CorrosionMedia
Well, YYZ is spot on for guitar and bass... so... there.

Thats pretty impressive. Sounds like a fun game. Can you slow down the parts or are you forced to play it fast? I know it adds notes as you progress
Quote by sweetdude3000
Thats pretty impressive. Sounds like a fun game. Can you slow down the parts or are you forced to play it fast? I know it adds notes as you progress

you can slow it down if you want.
it's like a training mode but as you do better it adds more notes. haven't played rocksmith in a while but sure thats how it works.

keep meaning to play it but forget.
want to download the avenged sevenfold and offspring packs.
Gear:

Gibson lpj
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Les Paul 1960's Tribute Plus
Schecter s-1
Marshall JCM900 100WATT HEAD
Fender mustang 1
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Distortion
Tanglewood exotic electro acoustic
Westfield Bass
I don't like how it forces you to play lesser notes when you make mistakes. It looks like a good idea on paper, but more often than not you're doing well, make some small mistakes (or heck, the game doesn't recognize what you play) and you're reduced to playing a half-assed version of the song.
Unless ur in riff repeat mode , in riff repeat mode you can choose the lvl of difficulty you want including using all the notes even if u haven't unlocked them so to speak .

The main problem I find is I think its easier to memorize songs off tab than by playing rocksmith , but then I am more of a beginner . Rocksmith is great fun thou , and kinda helps ur confidence a lil aswell I think
I've noticed that some notes are fretted on the wrong string, but still correct nonetheless.

For example in Outshined by Soundgarden, the riff after "show me the power child..." should be played by bouncing off the 10th fret on the low E string (which is dropped to a D), but instead it shows you to play the 3rd fret on the a string.

It's the same with a few solos in other songs. Instead of playing up and down the neck its tabbed to play in a box.
Gear:
Godin Velocity
Peavey Vypyr 15 Watt
AMT WH1 Japanese Girl Wah
Marshall BB-2 Boost/OD
Joyo JF-07 Classic Flanger
Joyo JF-37 Analog Chorus
Quote by nightwalker903
you can slow it down if you want.
it's like a training mode but as you do better it adds more notes. haven't played rocksmith in a while but sure thats how it works.

keep meaning to play it but forget.
want to download the avenged sevenfold and offspring packs.

Forgive my ignorance....just learning about Rocksmith. I bought a copy of 2014 for my son and I to use as we start learning the guitar.

I was unaware you could add music to it.

That is awesome.

Unrelated, forgive me, but is there a two player mode (second cord needed, I presume) ???
2014 Gibson SG Special
Peavey Classic 30
Squier Standard Stratocaster HSS
Fender CD60CE
Fender v2 Mustang III
Roland Micro Cube
MXR M75
Dub - Extra songs are available as Downloadable Content (DLC) from the Playstation Store (in game) they cost a few bucks each, or you can buy a pack of songs from an artist for like $5-$11 (depending on the number of songs)

There is a 2 player mode, and yes you need a second RealTone cable (plus a second guitar and controller).

Triface - I think there is a setting that lets you default it to the maximum difficulty at the start (not used it myself as with some songs that leads to too many notes flying at you right at the start)

BlueIce - you can still play notes in other places, as long as you play the right note, the game will call it correct. I've played a few songs jumping around different positions that felt more comfortable/fluid that the ones the game recommended. Helps you break out of those boxes too (or adding fills in empty spaces)
Last edited by Sephiroth976 at Dec 17, 2013,
Quote by Sephiroth976
Dub - Extra songs are available as Downloadable Content (DLC) from the Playstation Store (in game) they cost a few bucks each, or you can buy a pack of songs from an artist for like $5-$11 (depending on the number of songs)

There is a 2 player mode, and yes you need a second RealTone cable (plus a second guitar and controller).

Triface - I think there is a setting that lets you default it to the maximum difficulty at the start (not used it myself as with some songs that leads to too many notes flying at you right at the start)

BlueIce - you can still play notes in other places, as long as you play the right note, the game will call it correct. I've played a few songs jumping around different positions that felt more comfortable/fluid that the ones the game recommended. Helps you break out of those boxes too (or adding fills in empty spaces)

Thanks for the clarification.

I think we'll really enjoy this.
2014 Gibson SG Special
Peavey Classic 30
Squier Standard Stratocaster HSS
Fender CD60CE
Fender v2 Mustang III
Roland Micro Cube
MXR M75
Quote by Sephiroth976

I know I already knew how to play the song which is why I spotted it but new players might not know that, and the song(s) may appear more difficult than it actually is.
Gear:
Godin Velocity
Peavey Vypyr 15 Watt
AMT WH1 Japanese Girl Wah
Marshall BB-2 Boost/OD
Joyo JF-07 Classic Flanger
Joyo JF-37 Analog Chorus
I have been playing for a couple of weeks now and i can attest to that it is really fun

It's not without it's flaws though, the note recognition is dodgy at some points (but thats quite understandable) so at some points I opt out of trying to play "for the game" to get a good score and play in time in stead.

The note highway works really well up to midtempo but at higher tempos the 3D is really disorienting and I find myself looking up the tabs instead (playing by ear is of course also an option but the restricted way of looping a section can make that a chore)

As for the tabbing, I think it's at the level of a tab book or the really good tabs you can find on this site. Of course there are personal preferences as always with the tab playing in different positions, along vs. across the neck, but tonaly they seem pretty spot on to me.

Overall, if you are looking to have a good time and maybe play a few songs you normaly wouldn't I think you'll be happy with it
Last edited by jocke_x1 at Dec 18, 2013,
Quote by BlueIceBox
I know I already knew how to play the song which is why I spotted it but new players might not know that, and the song(s) may appear more difficult than it actually is.

Cool, same page