I've had a homemade partscaster for years with no middle pickup. So, when I was at a guitar show a few weeks back I found a local pickup winder called Tone Emporium and we figured what would sound best. I grabbed one of the middle pickups from his TE-01 set and it's a fantastic middle pickup. It's crisp and honky without being too nasally or harsh, really fat in the 2nd and 4th positions. You can hear it in action here: https://soundcloud.com/justhach/te-01-test. It starts in the middle position, then moves to the neck and middle, then the bridge and middle.

I also grabbed a pedal called a Harmonic Energizer, it's basically a clone of the Maestro PF-1 Paramatric Filter. Essentially, it's a single band eq that you can mix in with your regular signal, as well as adding some dirt with the gain switch. It's great for that Frank Zappa razorbladey sound that you hear on Uncle Remus or Cosmik Debris. I'll have a clip of it sometime this week.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
middle pickup is my fav pickup on my strat, can't believe you went without one for so long. sounds pretty good.

i'd love top hear a clip of that harmonic energizer

HNGD
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?