Page 1 of 4
If you look back to when music first started, all the way through the renaissance period, the baroque era etc. all the way through till today, there are a lot of different styles, and there's a lot of good music. So I ask you this: When do you think the pinnacle of music occurred? Or do you think we are still to reach those heights of musicianship or entertainment? Or are we currently at that stage today? Obviously, a punk fan would choose a different period than someone who listens to classical music, which is why you should think open-mindedly about this. And, if you think the future holds the pinnacle, what do you think it will be like?
When? Idk. 1800's maybe. But if you take every genre and rank them individually you would get a more precise and open answer.
Obviously Chopin is the pinnacle of classical music. Count Basie and his amazing band might be the best group of jazz musicians. Btbam are the pinnacle of metal. Led Zeppelin of rock, the Beatles of pop, tech n9ne and friends of rap, me of course of electronic.
I'd probably go with the modern day, and that it's only going to get better. Like classical? Go see a symphony performance. Like rock? Go to see one of the countless bands playing in the clubs near where you live, famous or not, you pick. Or you can find audio files of anything imaginable nowadays. Musical diversity just grows and grows, and with modern technology you can hear anything, anytime you want.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
When? Idk. 1800's maybe. But if you take every genre and rank them individually you would get a more precise and open answer.
Obviously Chopin is the pinnacle of classical music. Count Basie and his amazing band might be the best group of jazz musicians. Btbam are the pinnacle of metal. Led Zeppelin of rock, the Beatles of pop, tech n9ne and friends of rap, me of course of electronic.

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Obviously Chopin is the pinnacle of classical music.

u wot m8
Chopin isn't even in the Classical era. He's in the Romantic, and he's like the pop-star of the Romantic period. Rachmaninof is a million times better.
Quote by whywefight

I know i cant wait for the radio active zombies to come crawling for my brains. MFW nobody realizes i just like discussing opinions and why others like what they like because i find everyone's opinion interesting if they actually explain it to me.
Pinnacle of music in terms of technical development is the era from Beethoven to Wagner.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Baby Joel
u wot m8
Chopin isn't even in the Classical era. He's in the Romantic, and he's like the pop-star of the Romantic period. Rachmaninof is a million times better.

Its on the cross between classical to romantic, but i dont think of genres like that. Classical cn refer to the overall sound of most music from idk 1600-1900.
But im on this hunt right now and so far, i like chopin more than liszt beethoven and mozart. Im on this classical journey right now. Next up is bach.
Quote by Xiaoxi
Pinnacle of music in terms of technical development is the era from Beethoven to Wagner.

What do you mean by technical development.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
What do you mean by technical development.

It means they went from 5/4 to 4/5.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi

What do you mean by technical development?
Quote by Xiaoxi

^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by Wormholes
Music existed long before the Renaissance, noob.

Yes I know, I was giving an example of quite an early type of music.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
Why cant people just get along and learn new things?

Because you're a moron, that's why
Iunno, I'm just a music pleb.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by willT08
Because you're a moron, that's why

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Right now cuz we still have access to all the old shit.

Quote by Cing Krimson
Yes I know, I was giving an example of quite an early type of music.

It's not that early.
Check out my band Disturbed
Last edited by StewieSwan at Dec 14, 2013,
I don't know!

Year 11 because we had to hit rocks, and someone might've used your drumming rock as a toilet.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Bach. Duke Ellington. Numerous metal bands. Led Zeppelin. Rap...lol.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Bach. Duke Ellington. Numerous metal bands. Led Zeppelin. Rap...lol.

lol m3tal rules
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
When piano reigned composition
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

when condensation rained on pianos
"Pain or damage don't end the world nor despair, nor fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you have more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
Quote by Toadvine
when condensation rained on pianos

nice
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Page 1 of 4