Sup helpful people!

A few years ago I got this for Xmas:

What I wanted was a way to connect the guitar to my pc, and got this. I was a bit confused as to how this worked, but decided to tuck it away until I figured it out later.
Today I tried messing with it but only managed to hear some sound with headphones connected to this console only (I was trying to record some stuff with Reaper, but this console didn't even show up on the input selection list).

There's only one thing connecting this to a computer, a port on the back, but I'm starting to think it's only for power purposes:

Here's what I did:

- Connected the console to the pc with the cable that was included, turned on the power;

- Connected the guitar jack to the "mic in" input;

- Turned up all the knobs;

- Connected headphones to both the "main out" and "monitor" outputs, both worked (I could hear my guitar)

- Toggled the "phantom" (oddly it says "usb assign to line in" on the picture, even though this is the same model), "assign to main" and "assign to monitor" on and off, nothing happened.

I searched Reaper's input devices and nothing shows up but my laptop microphone.

I need your help guys. Can I connect my guitar to my pc through this and record stuff (with Reaper and amp simulators)? Will I need any extra cable?
You probably need to install the device's driver. You need to register your product before, it seems, so I could not give you a direct download link:
http://www.xxlinside.com/reserved-area/
http://www.xxlinside.com/compact-usb-mixers/mr.brown/flypage.tpl.htm

EDIT: you can also try to enable the device, if the driver is installed but disabled: in your Windows control panel, check "sound", then "recording" tab and check if your device appears but is disabled. If so, right-clic on it and select "enable".
AGEGBand
Guitar / Bass / Keyboard / Back Vocals

Sterling JP50, Fender CP Jazzmaster, Danelectro Danoblaster 12 strings, Aria 5102T, Epiphone LP STD 7 string => Carvin V3M

Peavey Cirrus BXP-5 => Trace Elliot GP7SM250

Korg X50
Last edited by Anthoje at Dec 14, 2013,
It didn't come with drivers or anything, and the only info on the box was a leaflet with a brief and vague description of what each button does. ****ing great product.

Thanks, I'll try your suggestions tomorrow!

Edit: Oh awesome, I have to register to download what I hope to be drivers for this and there's not even a register option... Well how do I log in then? ****ing brilliant.
Last edited by Minicaxotinho at Dec 14, 2013,
Quote by geetar_man0
I would check for a username and password on the little leaflet you got with the unit.

Nothing.
Quote by Anthoje
EDIT: you can also try to enable the device, if the driver is installed but disabled: in your Windows control panel, check "sound", then "recording" tab and check if your device appears but is disabled. If so, right-clic on it and select "enable".

Nothing shows up. On the leaflet it says that to get the sound to the pc I have to enable "phantom", I did, nothing happened. I've sent them an e-mail but I'm not sure they'll respond.
You definitely need some sort of driver software, otherwise your computer has no idea what to do with it.

When you plug it into the computer, does it say anything (ie: Unknown Device connected)?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
You definitely need some sort of driver software, otherwise your computer has no idea what to do with it.

When you plug it into the computer, does it say anything (ie: Unknown Device connected)?

Nope, nothing happens. And I'm not sure how to get the drivers, nothing came with the package and on the site, the download part is blocked. I don't have an account (and nothing came in the package) and I can't make one because there's not an option to register, so I can't access it. What a load of bollocks.
Last edited by Minicaxotinho at Dec 15, 2013,