are single coil active pups different than active humbuckers? might be a ******ed question but theres not really a difference in description among these

http://www.guitarfetish.com/REDactive-Humbucker-Active-Bridge-position-Black-_p_6670.html

http://www.guitarfetish.com/REDactive-Strat-Active-Bridge-position-Black-_p_6679.html

Im asking because i wanna do a project where i buy a super cheap guitar for like $20, strip the paint, repaint it, slap an active pup in the bridge and call it good. i want a humbucker so idk if i should outrule the sss squier strats or not because obviously finding a guitar for $20 isnt easy and i dont want to accidentally outrule options
My Electric Guitars:
Ibanez GSA60
Ibanez RG3EXFM1
Peavey Raptor Plus
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Squire Telecaster Affinity (Has many famous musicians signatures so only played once)
Active does not mean humbucking. Active essentially means that there's a preamp (usually battery powered) somewhere between the coils and the output jack, that's all. There are active single coils and active humbuckers. If you want a humbucker in one of the single coil spots, you can actually buy a humbucker that's either stacked or side-by-side that will fit in those spots, with no preamp and no battery. Take a look at the DiMarzio Fast Track II for an example of a hot single-coil size humbucker that will fit in the bridge of the guitar. It's not the only one, of course.
Quote by dspellman
Active does not mean humbucking. Active essentially means that there's a preamp (usually battery powered) somewhere between the coils and the output jack, that's all. There are active single coils and active humbuckers. If you want a humbucker in one of the single coil spots, you can actually buy a humbucker that's either stacked or side-by-side that will fit in those spots, with no preamp and no battery. Take a look at the DiMarzio Fast Track II for an example of a hot single-coil size humbucker that will fit in the bridge of the guitar. It's not the only one, of course.

do you know of any active pups that are humbuckers that would fit in a single coil spot? and ive seen passive pups like hot rails but do those have nearly about as much output as active pups do? ive never used active and thats why i wanna put an active on this project guitar.
My Electric Guitars:
Ibanez GSA60
Ibanez RG3EXFM1
Peavey Raptor Plus
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Squire Telecaster Affinity (Has many famous musicians signatures so only played once)