Hello,
I bought an epiphone les paul and the high e string has been repeatedly breaking on the high e string at the tuning peg. How can I fix this, thankyou
Tuning stability requires the strings to wind around the post without overlaping, or having too many winds. Maybe you're winding the strings wrong onto the tuning post.
Pass the E string through the hole twice, then wind three or four turns around the post, snugging the strings up next to each other as they coil around the post. Do a neat job for best results.
Remember, new strings require stretching and breaking in before they will stay in tune.
It's rare, but you could have a small burr in the metalwork of the tuning peg that is cutting the string- burrs are more common on the bridge. I suggest this because you say it keeps happening, but only to the one string. If so, it just requires a bit of polishing out.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I think you most likely have a burr in the e string tuning peg. its not a big deal. switch the low e and high e tuning peg because the burr wont be bad enough to break that thick of a string
My Electric Guitars:
Ibanez GSA60
Ibanez RG3EXFM1
Peavey Raptor Plus
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Squire Telecaster Affinity (Has many famous musicians signatures so only played once)
Quote by shounakghosh7
I think you most likely have a burr in the e string tuning peg. its not a big deal. switch the low e and high e tuning peg because the burr wont be bad enough to break that thick of a string

That won't work on a 3x3 headstock. The tuners are different on each side. But it could be done between the high E and G string tuners.
Probably simpler & better to polish the burr out, regardless- treat the disease, not the symptom.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
happened to me on my Epi Wildcat... Take a low "E" string, (even the piece left over from re-stringing) and run it through the hole sawing back and forth just a few swipes. It'll knock down any burrs in the hole...

Solved my problem...
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Quote by Preacher403
That won't work on a 3x3 headstock. The tuners are different on each side. But it could be done between the high E and G string tuners.

right i forgot about that. i wonder if the burr would be enough to break a g string
My Electric Guitars:
Ibanez GSA60
Ibanez RG3EXFM1
Peavey Raptor Plus
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Squire Telecaster Affinity (Has many famous musicians signatures so only played once)
Quote by DanishViking
Strings break.

You really need to give us a bit more info here.

String break only if there's something wrong.
Moving on.....