A couple weeks ago, I noticed that my guitar would instantly go sharp after tuning. I took it into my local music store, and the guy said that he needed to re adjust my tremolo. So I came back a few days later and he told me that it should be staying in tune now (paid $23 for this).

Came home, and without checking or tuning, I started playing it. I didn't tune it for about a week (I don't know why), and when I did, I noticed it STILL went sharp after I tune it. I didn't play it anywhere, didn't use the trem arm at all, stayed on its stand all day.

Anyway, what I have to do to my tremolo to get it to stop doing this? It might be my tuner, as I use one built into my amp (but I doubt that's the issue).

Thanks!

By the way, I have an Ibanez Edge Zero II trem.

-I've also never owned a floating trem before, so everything's new for me
Last edited by ploxxies at Dec 15, 2013,
Take the guitar back and tell them to make it right.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Did you tune using the fine tuners or your main tuners? Are you changing tunings?
(signature removed, please choose another)
Quote by player o slayer
Did you tune using the fine tuners or your main tuners? Are you changing tunings?

I unlock the nuts, tune with the mains, lock, fine tune. What I've always done.

Quote by Robbgnarly
Take the guitar back and tell them to make it right.

If I can't find a solution, I'll do that. I also would like to learn myself, so I don't have to keep paying. The guy knows me quite well, because he's heard our group play, so I don't think he'll have any issues. It's just about a 45 minute drive though.
are the strings new? if so they just need to be stretched more. as mentioned are you usigyour fine tuners as going sharp when nut islocked is common. if you crank down on the nut to muh when locking this can cause problems and sometimes cause the bottom part of the nut to develop a small notch that he string can move just a hair in.
Ive always found it helps to tune it unlocked, get the bridge set level where it should be, and then lock that shit and never unlock unless a string brakes or something haha. everything should be done with the fine tuners at that point.

it helps to have them screwed midway before locking so you can go up or down equally.

Unlocking them will cause a change in tension if the mains have been moved while still locked.
(signature removed, please choose another)
Don't know if this is relevant, but have you checked for a warped neck? Might be something to look out for.