Pics provided below.

I recently opened up the back of my Marshall 40 haze to look for the cause of some buzzing.
What I found was much much worse. Apparently someone at Marshall thought it was a good idea to put some cushioning on the inside backing of the amp with tape. This amp is no more than 3 years old, and is not used that often. Some of the tape and foams had metled onto two of my tubes.

I took all the tape and foam out of the backing whether or not it had begun to peel off as a preventative measure. Any tips or advice on who to mitigate this issue? I was going to clean the tubes with a sock and water.

this is really not a big deal, besides it just looks like you only got a little bit of goop on the tubes.

if you are really concerned about cleaning them then i would remove the tube, use a lint free cloth and some kinda solvent based clean with a low flash point. that should interact with the tape glue pretty well and leave very little residue.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
the tube are fine, if it is bothering you that much use rubbing alcohol and a rag
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Well i mean if its 3 years old it may be time to change the tubes anyway haha.
(signature removed, please choose another)
Those look like SED =C= EL34's. they are really good tubes and can take a beating for years. I have 3 (good ones) from 2004 that I just took out of my Marshall and they still sound fantastic. And they are $70+ for a matched pair.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
you'll know when you need to replace the tubes. save yourself some bucks and wait til they die.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
I've seen this happen with a number of Mesa Rectifier amps. For whatever reason, they ship them with cheesecloth netting over the tubes and if you forget to take off the cheesecloth before you throw the power switch, it is cheesecloth melt time! Rubbing alcohol and Mr. Clean magic eraser pads should get it off. Be careful, though. That glass is pretty thin.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley