Hey,

I have a Les Paul studio with Slash signature pickups in it.

The model I have also has the Gibson PCB wiring system, which I'm not liking at all.

Which way to go to get as close to the Slash setup as possible?

Is there a full kit I can buy? If so, if you could link one to me, that would be great.
what amp are you using?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Currently the Orange TH30, which is nowhere near the Slash tone but still I'd like to get my guitar as close as possible.
I think you're barking up the wrong tree. The PCB wiring you have is exactly the same electrically as the AFD standard version. If you really want to try something else you could use the 50s wiring like they use on the VOS version, but that that's a rather subtle change and it's more of a usability mod than an actual tone change. Same with a tone pot change. I think the PCB setup uses an orange drop already though?

I think people see a PCB and think that it must be bad or incorrect somehow, but it doesn't actually do anything to the sound. It's the same setup Gibson has been using for years, just with PCB traces instead of wires. If you can hear the difference between those two you must have been some sort of government experiment.
Quote by Roc8995
I think you're barking up the wrong tree. The PCB wiring you have is exactly the same electrically as the AFD standard version. If you really want to try something else you could use the 50s wiring like they use on the VOS version, but that that's a rather subtle change and it's more of a usability mod than an actual tone change. Same with a tone pot change. I think the PCB setup uses an orange drop already though?

I think people see a PCB and think that it must be bad or incorrect somehow, but it doesn't actually do anything to the sound. It's the same setup Gibson has been using for years, just with PCB traces instead of wires. If you can hear the difference between those two you must have been some sort of government experiment.

Here's what my wiring looks like now:

I have absolutely no idea whatsoever if it really makes a difference or not, I'd just like to try it.
It won't matter near as much as having a JCM800/2555 and the skill to play like him. I'd leave the guitar alone
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
The big problem there is that the PCB is sort of a pain in the ass to modify. If you had the regular wiring you could have 50s wiring in five minutes and new caps in the same time.

You could change out the caps there, they're not the orange drops, but 50s wiring would take some more work. Not impossible, just annoying unless you pull the entire PCB out and start over.
you probably wouldnt hear much difference, and I personally wouldnt change the pcb. it looks awefully nice. but if you really want to mod it, than by all means try it out. seems like a fun project that may or may not turn into a pain in the butt(hopefully not). Im not sure what gibson uses in this guitar, but I heard they use 300k linear pots for the volume. it should be a difference if you change the pot to a 500k log/audio pot if you enjoy rolling the volume off. the th30 certainly cleans up very nicely.
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1
Quote by Roc8995
The big problem there is that the PCB is sort of a pain in the ass to modify. If you had the regular wiring you could have 50s wiring in five minutes and new caps in the same time.

You could change out the caps there, they're not the orange drops, but 50s wiring would take some more work. Not impossible, just annoying unless you pull the entire PCB out and start over.

actually I think those are orange drop caps. or at least they look like the tiny metallized orange drops. the difference between the older metal foil ones and the newer metallized once is mainly just the size, which is substantially different.
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1
That's neat, didn't know they made a miniature orange drop. Would you call that an orange drip? Or an orange droplet?