Hi team.
I bought a Tanglewood TVC KOA not too long ago, and, trying to condense a relatively long story as much as possible:

The "electro" of my electro acoustic doesn't work. It isn't the battery, lead, amp or anything like that. I dropped it off at the shop I bought it from and [embarrassingly] a few hours later I got a call back saying there's nothing wrong with it.
I was playing a gig that night, handed my guitar to the sound guy as I went and sorted something else and low and behold - not working.

I've since brought it back home and it's not happening...

...Any advice?

Thanks for any help and/or sarcastic replies.
x
Quote by KileManA7X
You sir, are an honorary genius! Take this badge, you made us proud!
Have you substituted another input cable?

Sometimes the guitar's output jacks can be intermittent as well. Does the preamp battery show good. Sometimes a dead battery comes back to life after it been rested for awhile. Clean the Battery's contacts, as well as those in the guitar. (alcohol and Q-Tips).

Other than that, you'll need to pop the strings off, and take a look around inside for a loose plug or something. I don't think all piezos are hard wired to the preamp, there's most likely a plug in that line.

Pilot error could be responsible for accidentally leaving the tuner or a mute switch on.

That's all I got for now. At least in the realm of, "easily fixable by you", solutions. Because there always the possibility of a bad preamp. (Bad IC, cracked board, cold solder joint, stuff like that).

As much as it distresses me to admit this this, I seem to be about a quart low on sarcasm today...

Oh all right, I'll give it a shot. Maybe the guitar simply doesn't think your playing is worth amplifying... How was that?
Last edited by Captaincranky at Dec 15, 2013,
i had a bass for years that once in a while would stop playing through the amp. one of the pickups had a broken wire, but because they were wound so tightly, it rarely moved. there are also a number of wire connections that could have a problem. and like the Captain says, output jacks can be funky and work most - but not all - of the time and dead batteries that work for a while when you first turn on are good calls. could be your cable - have you tried another one?
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Quote by Captaincranky
Have you substituted another input cable?

Sometimes the guitar's output jacks can be intermittent as well. Does the preamp battery show good. Sometimes a dead battery comes back to life after it been rested for awhile. Clean the Battery's contacts, as well as those in the guitar. (alcohol and Q-Tips).

Other than that, you'll need to pop the strings off, and take a look around inside for a loose plug or something. I don't think all piezos are hard wired to the preamp, there's most likely a plug in that line.

Pilot error could be responsible for accidentally leaving the tuner or a mute switch on.

That's all I got for now. At least in the realm of, "easily fixable by you", solutions. Because there always the possibility of a bad preamp. (Bad IC, cracked board, cold solder joint, stuff like that).

As much as it distresses me to admit this this, I seem to be about a quart low on sarcasm today...

Oh all right, I'll give it a shot. Maybe the guitar simply doesn't think your playing is worth amplifying... How was that?

Curiously, I went round for band practise the other day, and voila, worked fine with my friend's amp. I've had a look inside the guitar and it was fine. I'll clean the battery contacts just incase.
Given it didn't work with the setup that worked all night at the gig, the problem seems to be very intermittent...I'm stumped.
Haha, it wasn't the best, but I appreciate you having a go anyway

Quote by patticake
i had a bass for years that once in a while would stop playing through the amp. one of the pickups had a broken wire, but because they were wound so tightly, it rarely moved. there are also a number of wire connections that could have a problem. and like the Captain says, output jacks can be funky and work most - but not all - of the time and dead batteries that work for a while when you first turn on are good calls. could be your cable - have you tried another one?

I've tried a few different leads, it seems to depend on the day of the week whether o not it works!

Thanks for your help, the pair of you.
Quote by KileManA7X
You sir, are an honorary genius! Take this badge, you made us proud!