Our first actual song, "Digital Scream", off a three song demo. Wanted to share this with you guys/girls. Enjoy, or not - let us know. Post a song for feedback, keeps the system running.

Digital Scream
The clean intro is nice, the reverb on the vocals is very tasteful. The main riff is cool, reminds me of Rush. Damn, your vocalist is good, that high note at 0:59 O.o For the rest of the song, the vocals are a bit too quiet and kind of dry imo, could use some delay. Solo at 2:21 kicks ass, very Petrucci-ish (my favorite guitarist, so that's a compliment ) but I feel like it could use some delay again. I feel like the chorus could use some backing vocals, but it's insanely catchy. The tapping bit at 3:49 is very tasteful again. The bass sounded punchy and suited the song. Drums were good too, especially the double bass patterns in the chorus. Ending was a bit abrupt, but sounded fine.

Basically, the only things I'd change are from a mixing standpoint. The actual song is fabulous! I'd love to hear the rest of the demo. Subscribed to you guys on YouTube

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1626929
Quote by ibanez1997
The clean intro is nice, the reverb on the vocals is very tasteful. The main riff is cool, reminds me of Rush. Damn, your vocalist is good, that high note at 0:59 O.o For the rest of the song, the vocals are a bit too quiet and kind of dry imo, could use some delay. Solo at 2:21 kicks ass, very Petrucci-ish (my favorite guitarist, so that's a compliment ) but I feel like it could use some delay again. I feel like the chorus could use some backing vocals, but it's insanely catchy. The tapping bit at 3:49 is very tasteful again. The bass sounded punchy and suited the song. Drums were good too, especially the double bass patterns in the chorus. Ending was a bit abrupt, but sounded fine.

Basically, the only things I'd change are from a mixing standpoint. The actual song is fabulous! I'd love to hear the rest of the demo. Subscribed to you guys on YouTube

Our thanks for the thoughtful feedback Ib
And I completely agree with what you say about production, I feel the tone and the mix could've been polished a little more (we unfortunately did not have direct contact with the person mixing this since it wasn't done face to face, so some communicational problems might explain the lacking feels some might miss).

As the guitarist I thank you (our singer is honoured though he might never admit it) for the kind words, don't know 'bout Petrucci but I think the solos fit in kind of nicely. Not tapping however, merely semi-fast pull offs at the start of the second solo (picking it proved irritatingly problematic when recording for some reason)

Thanks for the subscriptions, the rest of the songs will find their way to youtube this year (another rough song can be found on our Soundcloud ). As the main songwriter I feel honoured and will return the favour as soon as possible - my connection right now is terrible so I can't play your songs, but I will check them out as soon as possible
Quote by ibanez1997

Well, finally got to give Nocturnal Dawn a real listen, in short, In Memoriam would've caugt my attention if it was played on say, a bar or the radio. Impressive, the guitarwork is obviously what the listener is supposed to listen to.

And indeed the guitars are quite impressive, good timing and technical performance. Nice dry and singing tone (tasty sweeps 00:30-00:40). The guitars create a feel of remembrance, perhaps departure even. The message could perhaps be clearer (if it is supposed to be clear, that's up to the writer of course) in terms of structure, the break at 2:40 does change the mood and undertone quite a bit, without being musically irritating or elusive.

At the break I can't help but hearing Hansi Kürsch singing, the right phrases and the right melody would be excellent right here. Otherwise I enjoy it as an instrumental. As such the instrumental could perhaps have even more - read: detailed - instrumentation apart from the guitars, I do feel that "cinematic metal" might need some orchestration which really could add something extraordinary to this piece.

Overall the feeling reminds me of While Heaven Wept (Vast Oceans Lachrymose especially) which is a really good thing.