Hi there people ! Im new here and am getting into playing solo gigs. I have lots of backing tracks and a soloist type amp that i can play guitar thru, also MP3 backing tracks and Mic input.
Is there a unit like a jam man(ive only heard of, never used) that i can use to make everything simple to play to, jump to next song, or jump 10 songs ahead of and start/stop backing tracks adjust individual volumes etc?

I hope this is the right place to be asking this

marlinman
Quote by marlin9769
Hi there people ! Im new here and am getting into playing solo gigs. I have lots of backing tracks and a soloist type amp that i can play guitar thru, also MP3 backing tracks and Mic input.
Is there a unit like a jam man(ive only heard of, never used) that i can use to make everything simple to play to, jump to next song, or jump 10 songs ahead of and start/stop backing tracks adjust individual volumes etc?

I hope this is the right place to be asking this

marlinman

yeah, this is pretty much the right place

some of the bigger boss loop stations allow for uploading tracks, independent volume control and allow for separate instrument and microphone input.

you could also use a computer, get an interface and use a midi interface controller to control volume levels. this would be more flexible but also requires a bigger setup and would be more expensive.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
ipod.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
ipod.

+3.1415
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/