I get stuck between asleep and awake at times, and i create these incredible tunes in my head, truly wondrous music. i feel like i'm sure of the beauty of these melodies that spontaneously pop in my head, all that harmony. i actually hear {or mentally play? no idea} 2-3 instruments at the same time, and i don't know if i'm creating them or receiving them from somewhere, but they're all new and i just know how good it all sounds

and a voice in my head goes -get up right now and RECORD. just get up right now, okay i'm getting up right now, right after i complete this part. ok, why won't you just get up you fcking maniac, just get tha fcuk up oh please get the fckup

somehow i never get up, and when i wake up in the morning or whatever time it is, i don't remember a thing. i just know that i came up with this amazing music, but i can't remember the melody nor the beat. nothing

it's been happening a lot lately. and i know i'll never be able to write that sort of music when i'm awake, and there seems to be nothing i can do about it. is there?
I've had full on orchestrated musicals permeate through my thoughts along with vocals and chorale all while I was waiting to sleep. I still do, a lot actually. The music can be so extravagant that I eventually wake myself up humming along with the music.

I also have dreams similar to Glee a lot. Flash mob musical interpretations with various instruments playing in the background. It can be very alarming when I wake from it.

I usually forget it all, but it does leave an impression.

So no, you're not alone.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Not necessarily the same, but some times i remember a LOT about my dreams when i wake up immediately from one. Sometimes it's pretty good short story stuff, but most of the time i just go back to sleep and when i wake up in the morning i'm just like **** i dont remember anything why didn't i write down plot details.

So i guess i have the same thing, just with writing stories.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by Nelshizzle
I've had full on orchestrated musicals permeate through my thoughts along with vocals and chorale all while I was waiting to sleep.

I've had that a few times. It's quite incredible. Shame I can never remember it in the morning though.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by angusfan16
Not necessarily the same, but some times i remember a LOT about my dreams when i wake up immediately from one. Sometimes it's pretty good short story stuff, but most of the time i just go back to sleep and when i wake up in the morning i'm just like **** i dont remember anything why didn't i write down plot details.

So i guess i have the same thing, just with writing stories.

Same. I always try to tell people my dreams in order to help myself remember them.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Quote by Snake™
Same. I always try to tell people my dreams in order to help myself remember them.

I think that keeping a dream diary( book in which you write down all of your dreams) will help one to strengthen their memory of dreams. Not sure if it is true but I've heard it will help you to remember dreams.

As for the original topic, this phenomena has never happened to me but the mind a very complex thing and therefore it wouldn't be surprising for such a thing to happen. It actually sounds relatively common based off of the few who have posted so far.
Last edited by broken ipod at Dec 16, 2013,
Every now and then, I hear that kind of stuff, but with an orchestra. It annoys me because it's hard to keep track of everything at that point.
Join the 7 String Legion!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Messiaen is Magical

Official Approval
This message has been approved by:

Mister A.J.
Head of the Department of Redundancy Department
Mister A.J.
Might have happened to me a few times when I was practicing guitar more than usual. Definitely not often.
The more you say 'epic' the less it means.
Man this happens to me all the time. So much so that I find it difficult to concentrate at times!

Sometimes it's normal instruments, but sometimes I have some weird, really trippy things going on in my head. I have no idea what instruments are being made in my head. It's kind of electronic, but still very organic.
I love it though. I've never heard any music like it, but have absolutely no idea how to replicate it
Maybe it just sounds great at the moment? I once had a comical dream related to time travel, and whilst dreaming I thought "This is hilarious, I absolutely have to write it down.". When I woke up I realised that doing so would be in fact pretty embarassing.
I think this is how Zeppelin IV was recorded.

Some blue guy was compelled to record in the middle of the night. 30 years later Jimmy page stole it.

#gotem
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
be aseppl but also be awake , use acid or alcohol to be both then jak off so u will experience both in another state of mind, dont fight it jus try it
A bassist is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.

The Pit operates under a pseudo-Murphy’s Law state of mind. You can make a comment and "whatever wrong assumption that can be made about it, will be made about it."
I have dreams of cool guitar riffs sometimes
They loop in my head when I wake up, but it's always too early to get up and record so I forget them hours later

I have nothing important to say
Maybe you were still dreaming!

I had a funny dream where thousands of creatures were kidnapping humans - one at a time - and subjecting them to weird helmets and other inexplicable technology. Nothing worked though because the abductors kept accidentally breaking all of the equipment. The police found the kidnappers and beat the crap out of them in a comical three stooges style of fighting, since they were bulletproof. It was hilarious.
I get that. It sometimes happens to me, I'm half awake, half asleep and a melody comes to mind, and suddenly it evolves into a kickass guitar song or a full-orchestra piece and it sounds just unbelievably awesome, but then I wake up and it all disappears forever. Worst part is I normally can't remember any of it.

And it tends to be far beyond my actual playing skills.

Quote by angusfan16
when i wake up in the morning i'm just like **** i dont remember anything why didn't i write down plot details.

That's why you keep a dream journal. Even just writing down small details you remember or just a few keywords will make you remember more stuff from your dreams in the future.
I have no sig
Last edited by Mr Winters at Dec 16, 2013,
Well, the dream had pretty nice background music. It stopped when they tried to put on the mind reading caps and failed. Then the music became ominous because they were mad.
Quote by Masquirina
Well, the dream had pretty nice background music. It stopped when they tried to put on the mind reading caps and failed. Then the music became ominous because they were mad.

Most of the time my dreams don't have any music, or at least I never remember the music.

Except this one dream where I was piloting a 747 from London to Paris and some song by Dream Theater was blasting, and then the plane crashed on my backyard and we all rocked to some AC/DC until a bad guy from Dragon Ball Z came to ruin the day.

It was a pretty fun dream.
I have no sig
I remember long ago on NYs eve doing some coke in Miami, as I tried to sleep at 5am the most amazing music was playing in my head. Wish there was some kind of thought audio recorder, maybe one day