Here is maybe an interesting one. I've been dating my current girlfriend for about a year. We are both very much metal heads except we are into different subgenres. Its always been difficult in finding an overlap but not too bad...
My favorite bands are: Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Iced Earth, Dream Theater, and Gamma Ray Whilst hers are: Slayer, Overkill, Megadeth, Suicidal Tendencies, and Anthrax.
Anyway recently its been pretty difficult finding bands that we can both enjoy, anyone have any suggestions for us?
My suggestion is to be grateful that you both listen to the same genre
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Be grateful that she hasn't dumped you for being a Dream Theater-listening fruitcake
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland
Ironically, she doesn't like Dream Theater, I primarily like their images and words album anyway(Wish all their stuff was like that).
Some we both agree are great are: Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Iced Earth, Early Megadeth(Past 5 albums have been really uggg), Annihilator, Enforcer, Accept, Anthrax, Warbringer, Death Angel, Exciter, Metal Church, and Early Metallica.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC9_FpUJvsA

But really in the end, liking exactly the same music isn't a must. Diversity is a great thing in a relationship. If you and your partner like exactly the same thing then you may as well just sit in your room and jerk off to guitar solos.

And from the sounds of it you have quite a good over-lap in the Thrash department. Try and capitalise on that.

Try Kreator maybe? I do see how anyone could dislike their last 3 albums!
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Last edited by ChemicalFire at Dec 16, 2013,
Why don't you both go listen to metal bands that you both hate so you can hate them at the same time? There, common interests.
We've got plenty of diversity going on, its not really a cause for concern I think its just fun to find bands that we both can enjoy and support is all.
We recently drove down to San Bernardino from Idaho to see Iron Maiden, Testament, Anthrax, Overkill, Warbringer, Megadeth, and Sabaton. It was just a really cool experience to share with her.

"Try Kreator maybe? I do see how anyone could dislike their last 3 albums!" Will do, I remember looking them up one time but I didn't dig too deeply, I'll give them another shot!
Quote by Megadethfan245
Why don't you both go listen to metal bands that you both hate so you can hate them at the same time? There, common interests.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLYoJgbybes

Start here.
"I think, as a musician, you should practice your technique to be as good as you need to be to facilitate whatever ideas come into your head."
- Devin Townsend
Quote by ctfod
My suggestion is to be grateful that you both listen to the same genre

This. Don't force anything, you'll find a band in common and if not there's no reason to worry about it. Eventually you might start listening to each other's bands
Why don't you guys find some local metal bands at some clubs around town? If there's a good local scene where you live. I can find a bunch of different bands any night of the week where I live.
If they are good, you can share the discovery (I know, I know) If they suck, you can laugh your way out of the club together.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
This is a forum for metal, I'm afraid relationship advice goes somewhere in the pit or one of those forums.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.