I have this weird problem that i need help with.Every time i begin to alternate pick i have to spend 15 minutes just to find the sweet spot where pick would flow freely.After sometime pick slips between my fingers and then again there's all this resistance in my picking.Its like my picking hand just cant keep up with my fretting hand.I've tried all those chromatic co-ordination exercises but no avail.I even ordered sik pik but still the problem persists.
Relax
Its going to work eventually, just practise slow and steady, then up the tempos.
Also angling the pick a bit might help you.
I don't understand what you mean by "beginning" alternate picking - alternate picking should ideally make up the majority of your playing anyway.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
if you're talking about the pick not feeling like it wants to move through the string smoothly, you might be using too much finger strength and not enough wrist strength in the picking motion.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by steven seagull
I don't understand what you mean by "beginning" alternate picking - alternate picking should ideally make up the majority of your playing anyway.

It means that when you try to play fast you have to change the position of the hand or hold it a bit harder than when you're playing something at your normal speed.So in my case it also feels like the pick is getting in the way or my left hand is at the speed but pick can keep up with it.
Quote by Ich 666
Relax
Its going to work eventually, just practise slow and steady, then up the tempos.
Also angling the pick a bit might help you.

I use sik piks , they are already angled.I'll stick to practicing slow 180 to just 80 bpm for a week or so and then see if i get comfortable.Me main problem is the tension that builds up in the right hand.I want it to be relaxed as if i'm playing something at normal speed.Is that even possible or no pain no gain ?
Quote by outlaw92
It means that when you try to play fast you have to change the position of the hand or hold it a bit harder than when you're playing something at your normal speed.

No you don't, or at least you shouldn't have to. There should be no different between your slow and fast playing apart from the speed. I would suggest you take a good look at what you're doing and figure out which way is the better way of going about it all around.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.