So, I was in band with this girl, and she said that she always drank Pineapple juice before singing, and whilst warming up, because it made her vocal chords 'smoother' and made it more 'silky'. She was adamant it was pineapple and never any other fruit, so I don't know if its true or not.

Since then, I've started a band with myself on vocals, and have been drinking Pineapple juice before rehearsals, and sometimes it makes my throat feel nicer when singing, and more 'silky'. I don't know if that's a placebo effect though...

What do you guys think? And do you have any techniques/ways of making your vocals nicer?
Caution:
This post contains my opinion and/or inaccurate information

Quote by vayne92
I'm genuinely beginning to think you're the best troll of all time

"Emocore is like, when you cry when you break a guitar string"
- Thurston Moore
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by Acϵ♠

He's been drinking his juice obviously...
Caution:

Quote by vayne92

- Thurston Moore
for real though, a shot of olive oil during your warm up helps a lot.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

I don't think Lemmy does shots of Olive Oil before going on stage...
Caution:

Quote by vayne92

- Thurston Moore
Last edited by buxeyy at Dec 16, 2013,
Drinking your own urine makes your voice more powerful m8
Whats goes around must come down
Caution:

Quote by vayne92

- Thurston Moore
Quote by buxeyy
I don't think Lemmy does shots of Olive Oil before going on stage...

Lemmy also does not have nice vocals.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Bitches be Crazy.

gargle milk

There's all sorts of opinions out there, but chewing on ginger root has always worked for me.

A shot of Olive oil really?

That sounds hard to swallow.

BOOM!

###Hashtagpungeniushashhash###

but seriously does that work, cause it sounds like it would make me vomit.
"Pain or damage don't end the world nor despair, nor fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you have more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
I don't understand this idea of people drinking things to help their voice. The esophagus and trachea are different pipes.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Generally, the rule is that everything that isn't lukewarm water is bad for your voice, however, a lot of singers have used pineapples and claimed that they have helped their voice. I've heard stories of an Opera singer who ate a whole pineapple before performing, and many stories like it, so it is quite interesting. I don't think pineapples will help the average person, however, they have been known to work wonders for singers having an off day. It's good not to depend on drinks to help your voice, you should, instead, focus on improving your vocal health by taking care of your voice and not drinking dairy on days you have to sing.
I have never heard of the olive oil thing. Seems like a quick way to pack on the pounds though!
Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
Quote by Ssargentslayer
Cum is good for lubing up the throat.

My friend said so. Not me.

Just came in my vocalist throat and she couldn't sing to save her own life she demanded water, your friend is a liar sir.
Whats goes around must come down
Quote by Ssargentslayer
Cum is good for lubing up the throat.

My friend said so. Not me.

And pineapple is good for making your cum taste better
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
Quote by JustRooster
I don't understand this idea of people drinking things to help their voice. The esophagus and trachea are different pipes.

The mouth and throat are affected by a drink too though, and they need to be in good shape for singing. In general it is bad to drink or eat anything sweet before singing, because that induces the production of large amounts of saliva. I drink nothing but tea (no sugar ofcourse) on practice or performance days.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore